• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird idle/something else weird.

gijosiahh

NAXJA Forum User
So lately the jeep has been idling low/weird. i can deal with that. but while its idling low (when im at a complete stop) and i push on the gas it kind of hesitates to go. i can also kind of deal with that. i've actually gotten advice on that a while back, so thats not my question. Whats also happened a few times is i'll be idling low, and when i go to step on the gas nothing happens...the rpms might fluctuate a little bit,if at all, but the jeep doesnt move...like theres no gas getting to the engine...it happened today at a stop sign and i'm worried this will keep up and screw me over at a stop light or something. haha. what could be the cause of this? thanks for any help

2001 AW4

have you checked you throttle body they have been known to carbon up and block the i.a.c. motor and that could also slow your throttle responce. you should also check the m.a.p. sensor or the mass air sensor. you can get a cleaner for all of them

X2
i'd check/clean/replace your TPS and IAC. I just replaced both on my 2000XJ, and it make a world of difference for idle and throttle response.

Back