• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird Low Idle

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
About a month ago i replaced my IAC and TPS sensors on the throttle body in hopes to cure my idle issues. While my bad idle wasnt cured a few weeks later another issue arrose. Whenever i drive the jeep and come to park it (by shifting into PARK) or even shift it into nuetral the idle drops really low and the engine shakes and then it jumps back up at normal speed. This only happens if i put it into PARK or Neutral from another gear (like drive). Something that might be linked is the other day i turned on the AC at a Red signal while in DRIVE and the engine idle rose to 1500 RPM and then dropped, upon arriving and turning off the AC the idle dropped low and then back up. I am thinking the IAC isnt compensating right, what do you guys think ?

pete

it could possibly be the MAP sensor. i recently had idle problems and thought that the MAP sensor was shot. it is easily checked with a volt meter. Its a box shape on the firewall. it is in the middle. make sure the vacuum hose is connected at both ends (follow it). if there is a leak anywhere in this line your idle can jump all over the board.

Back