• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want to build a Stroker?

robert stalberger

NAXJA Forum User
If your looking for a motor to build a Stroker out of, and you live in southern California, look no further. I have recently replaced my motor and now I have the old one just sitting around. It's a 4.0l non-HO out of a 1990 XJ Limited with 169,000 miles when pulled. This is just the top and bottom ends and no accessaries. The reason I replaced the motor is because I thought I blew the head gaskit, but when I pulled the head I found wholes in the tops of the pistons. Cylinder walls are in good condition other than a little scorching, but you have to bore anyway when Stroking and that will get rid of everything. Head is also in good condition and is already off the block and ready to be cleaned or ported and polished depending on what Stroker recipe you choose. I will deliver up to 25 miles from 92084 (Vista, Ca.) for free. I will deliver up to 50 miles with help on fuel costs due to $2.40 a gallon right now. I will not ship, so local pick up or delivery only. I'll take $150 for block and head together. I've searched, and you probably won't find a better deal than this.

Back