• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick Brake Booster Upgrade Question

THE_OWL

NAXJA Forum User
I know its been discussed in numerous threads, but is this the right year for the swap to older XJs ? All it says is 1994-1998.
67_1_b.JPG

Also should I use everything on there including the prop valve?
thanks

Looks about right.

You will be able to use everything, although I'm not sure if you have to adapt to the prop valve.

As I've said many times, one of my best mods.

It will work, but the rod is a bit off from the older units. Check out www.madxj.com for an article with pics of the best unit to use. I believe it is from a '96 and it has the dual diaphram booster with the old style rod. Jeff

I just ditched my abs on my 93XJ and went to a non abs system off a 96' installed everything off a 96' booster, MC and pro valve. fit right up as far as pedal hook up. had reflare quite afew hardlines though.

Jeff 98XJ WI said:
It will work, but the rod is a bit off from the older units. Check out www.madxj.com for an article with pics of the best unit to use. I believe it is from a '96 and it has the dual diaphram booster with the old style rod. Jeff

Mine is a 92, and everything slid into place

Try it first before thinking about swapping rods

What about a 1999-2001 booster? I have a 2000 booster and MC sitting in a box just waiting for me to have the time to put it in. Will these fit as well? Thanks. Juice

How much farther does the MC and dual diaphragm stick out from the firewall
compared to the stock older ones?
I designed my shock hoops around the stock brake setup and it might be a problem

Back