• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New XJ Owner (Victorville Area)

Mr.G & Family

NAXJA Forum User
Just joined this site Advice taken from " XJohnny"
Just picked up a 1996 XJ 4Dr 2 Weeks ago, and I love this thing.

I plan on buying this lift kit -> http://www.expertoffroad.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2-RE6130

Here are the wheels -> http://shoplive.rompalicious.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=64&products_id=737

Here are the tires -> http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ItemBrowse/c-10101/s-10101/p-100000383174/mediaCode-ZX/appId-100000383174/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000383174

And a few pictures of the XJ in the current stage.
DSC09257.jpg

DSC09270.jpg

DSC09251.jpg

DSC09255.jpg

DSC09253.jpg

DSC09256.jpg

Welcome to "our" family.

:cheers:

Mr.G & Family said:

Hey guys, if Mr. G turns out to be some sort of tard, I apologize up front. And I'm really sorry about my last two "recruits". :D

Just kidding!!! Glad you decided to come over. Hope to see you at a trail run soon.

Mr.G & Family said:
Just picked up a 1996 XJ 4Dr 2 Weeks ago, and I love this thing.

I plan on buying this lift kit -> http://www.expertoffroad.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2-RE6130

Hello Mr G! and welcome to NAXJA. Nice clean XJ. Looks like Kyungs rig.

Before you buy any Rubicon Express lift kit, please get in touch with Dan Turner. His screen name is "Dan Turner" and he can get you really good prices on RE. If you can't get a response from him, check with our NAXJA sponsors for any discounts however some may not provide a discount unless you are a paid member.

For the kit I would call Jason at 4x4groupbuy.com for a quote on the lift kit and also the tires/wheels. He's a real good guy to deal with and always has the best pricing.

Welcome Mr. G and family!

Before you buy ANYTHING, do some searching and ask folks around here. There is a ton of experience, both good and bad.

Use the NAXJA sponsors! They give great pricing and they support our group.

If you are available this weekend, come on out to Calico and meet some folks. I would not recommend taking your Jeep on the trails without at least some armor and tow points (required).

Also, we have our BIG annual event the 1st weekend in May in Big Bear.

Look for meet & greets in your area.

Hope to meet you soon!

Yeah, for example, the Rubicon lower control arms are the same length as stock. They just have a slight offset to lower them a little and help with angles. I have an RE/DPG kit on mine and wish I'd gone long arms, but I haven't been able to wheel it since doing the install. That usually helps to reassure me and calm my doubts...:D In my vast experience, I've found that nothing wheels like an XJ. :D By that I mean, it is worlds better than a stock 94 Tracker and a stock 92 Trooper...Had a 90 Samurai, but it was so neglected by its previous owner that I was afraid to wheel it until I fixed everything that was wrong. Traded it in as the down payment for my XJ and never looked back. Welcome!

Man can I just say thank you for the warm welcome. I will take everyones advice and check/use the forums for some pricing discounts. I don't want to sound big headed but, We might end up using my XJ in the SEMA 2008 show this year, So I'm going to try and use as much of my companies pull = free stuff as I can. I'm working on my proposal right now.

Xjohnnyc I promise I wont be a TARD.... Now if i can only figure out where to edit my personal picture as my avatar

super-retard.JPG

That's just wrong...on so many levels. :D

The NAXJA guys you met out at Cleghorn last week said that you seemed to be a decent guy. But what the hell do they know? ;)

Yeah, I was out with my brother in law, We were out GeoCaching. It was pretty cool to see about 6 XJ's come climbing over a hill just as we where about to take off. We waited there as each one of them came flexing all the way down. I ended up taking to a few of them, and they all were very cool!!

You know we are going to be struck by lighting as soon as I get off work and walk to my car in the parking lot!!!

Victorville ain't too far from here, we're gonna have to do a meet&greet soon for all the people in the coachella/morongo valley area.

Maybe a bolt of lightning will numb my long drive home from work.

FROM: 60 & 605 TO: Mojave Exit off the 15Fwy alsmost to apple valley

Back