• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a good body man in the area

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
Im lookin for someone that would know anything about straightening out the roof on my jeep. Its not lookin so hot after i rolled it and i want to eventually get a rack back up there again. I also have a lot of small leaks here and there in the doors where water gets inside my jeep. CAn anyone help me out or do i got to drop a fat wad of dough to a body shop?

Well I am a bodyman. Without seeing any pics it is hard to tell you what to do. But if you rolled it and have leaks it sound like you need a new roof.
How nice do you want it to look???

Option A: If you want it prefect take it to your local bodyshop and get ready to write a big check. (hourly rate of $55 - $60) At 25-40 hrs

Option B: Find a local bodyman who want to take on your project on his free time. Still a fairly large check. (hourly rate of $25 - $45) At 25-40 hrs

Option C: If it is just a toy you could section it yourself. Go to a local wrecking yard get a WHOLE roof including the upper A, upper B, upper C, and upper D pillars. And spend some quality time with a drill and a welder.

Option D: Cut the roof off and get a cage.

Option E: Live with it

I would go with option C, but I have the skills.

There was a guy that did option C and after he painted and everything you couldn't even tell he rolled it. If you do it right, it looks pretty damn slick :D

Back