• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transmission Cooling lines: Renix vs. HO

OBXJeepGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, folks. I just picked up an 88 XJ with 91,000 miles.

The transmission cooling lines are rusted pretty bad, and while changing the alternator, I hit one, and caused a leak.

Heres the question: will the transmission cooling lines from 92- up work on the 87-91?

Theu *look* the same, but we know how that goes sometimes!

They’re both AW4, so I can’t imagine it not working.

Thanks!

The 87-90 set is easy to find on line, Amazon, if you have the OEM part number I think. Even google may turn it up. I have seen them online.

RockAuto also has them, at least for the later HO models.
Affordable pricing, but they are made in China (isn't everything).

China makes quality stuff, its not all junk. Apple's are made in China LOL If they can make Apple cell phones, they can make hose and tubing connectors for crying out loud.

The problem is poor QC inspection by some middlemen/hustlers and price competition and Durajunk these days. I have better luck with some Ebay stuff I bought right out of china on ebay than crap at 5 times higher prices from AZ-Durajunk shelves lately.

I bought an awesome stash of GM Weather pack electrical sensor 1980's style connectors, brand new, for the price a beer about 8 years ago, enough to refit about 12 jeeps, LOL, right out of China on Ebay and they work great.

Back