• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feb Chapter Ride Little Sahara Dunes Feb 21st

If the ZJ is working good by then I'm in. Have to see how the new motor works out prior to it.

Saturday, February 21st. Meet in Eureka at the gas station in the center of town at 9:00 AM? That will give people time to top up their tanks and coolers. Little Sahara has an admission charge and they require a flag on your vehicle. If you do not have one, they sell them at the visitors center.

Finally, please post up if you are going and check out this thread before the trip. If it snows or no one commits, the event may have to be cancelled. Did I overlook anything?

Saturday, February 21st. Meet in Eureka at the gas station in the center of town at 9:00 AM? That will give people time to top up their tanks and coolers. Little Sahara has an admission charge and they require a flag on your vehicle. If you do not have one, they sell them at the visitors center.

Finally, please post up if you are going and check out this thread before the trip. If it snows or no one commits, the event may have to be cancelled. Did I overlook anything?

they require a flag on your vehicle. If you do not have one, they sell them at the visitors center.

That's IF the visitor's center is open! The last time I was there on a Saturday in the off season, it was closed and the guy that sells them from a trailer in the vendor's area at Sand Mountain never opened that day. Better plan to take one, or get creative with your CB antenna!

I should be there with the ZJ or Maverick Max.

Jared:patriot:

I hope ill make this run but it depends on how much valentines day drains my bank account. Fingers crossed on making it.

Do yourself a favor and get quick release mounts for the quads. If you break a flag - which is quite frequent - you just pop out the stump and slide in the rest of the flag. You're back in action in 10 seconds and don't have to risk a ticket the rest of the day.

Jared:patriot:

I won't be making it. The girlfriends phone died so for her birthday Valentines and easter I got her a Samsung note 4 which drained my account:mad:

I am in; I posted the specifics of when and where to meet above. The weather looks good, but I am not going to drive down there if there are no other participants.

So far, there are three. I will still go with that number. Bring some rain gear, as there is a chance of rain. That is probably a good thing, as it will keep the dust down a little and firm up the sand. I will take suggestions, but instead of hitting Sand Mountain and dodging the ATV's, what about exploring around Black Mountains a little farther north in the same area? If the trails are not to our liking, we can go the extra 5 miles to Sand Mountain and see what we get into there.

Back