• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snow Run.....Providence Canyon

XJEEPER

NAXJA Member # 13
NAXJA Member
What day works for everyone? Saturday, Dec 14th is a good day for me. Check your calendars and sound off.

This location will be contingent on snowpack. We could have a couple of inches or several feet by then, so let's nail down the date and the location can be flexible to accommodate varying trail conditions.

could someone post a map of providence canyon so i can figure out if i can make it? i would google but that isn't alway reliable for offroad. thanks.

*EDIT*
searched and found an old thread with google.maps on it. going to pass since i don't want to drive 2 hours before i even start arrive at location.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to make it to this as its fairly close to home.
Will be good to meet some of you guy's

could someone post a map of providence canyon so i can figure out if i can make it? i would google but that isn't alway reliable for offroad. thanks.

*EDIT*
searched and found an old thread with google.maps on it. going to pass since i don't want to drive 2 hours before i even start arrive at location.

Its worth the drive...seriously.

Hey guys new to naxja and jeepin.I live in Cache Valley but never have been up Prov canyon would love to go,where do you guys meet?I am really trying o get this damn pile back together so I can go.

Looks like the weather will cooperate with us and not dump too much snow before Dec 14th, so the run up Providence Canyon is ON!

This run will take approx. 5 hours, depending on trail conditions and mechanical issues. Based on historical snow runs up Providence Canyon, a minimum of front AND rear limited slip differentials will be required.
Locking diffs preferred and recommended
. There were a few rigs that showed up last December with open diffs or 1 limited slip diff and they couldn't make it past the quarry area, which is where the difficult section of the trail begins. 31" tire minimum, based on current trail conditions.

We will meet at the Macey's Food and Drug in Providence, UT at 9:30am, departing to the trailhead at 10am. The trailhead is nearby, so airing down tires here will be appropriate.

Map with directions to Providence from SLC
http://goo.gl/maps/md4cF

There is a Maverik Store across the street for those who want to fuel up and for airing up tires at the end of the day.

NAXJA Trail Run Required Equipment
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1103631

Trail run communication will take place on CB Channel 34

All planning to attend post up here so we can get an approximate headcount.

Last edited:
Back