• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Providence Canyon update/run

We had a great day on the trail, Providence never fails to offer a little different challenge everytime. Icy climb through BBall sized boulders above the quarry, then snow with icy patches underneath, a few challenging off-camber slide-off areas and great snow conditions for wheeling up top.

Met some new folks from RME4x4 forum, blasted some pumpkins (thanks Ryan!) and had a great day off-road.

What is the trail like now, we were thinking of coming down memorial day weekend. we were also thinking of hitting the trails tot he south and were wondering if anyone knows the conditions.

ill up pics soon. basically camped up at the top of the quarry by the waterfall. ran up the canyon rolled a Toyota then spun a rod bearing in the middle of the road, broke two dirt bikes; and called it a night. The next day after trying to fix the Toyotas bearing with a leather glove. we took my xj and my buddys tj up the switchbacks and went till we couldn't get any further up the snow. pretty close to the top. we then went up Millville canyon trying either to go down the snow into providence od go back through hardware ranch but the snow foiled us again, defiantly don't want to do Millville again unless we can loop out on one of the other trails. it was a good fun weekend.

Thanks for the update. Even with a light snow year, it appears that upper Prov is snow-locked until late June, as typical. On a heavy snow year, I've had to break trail through shaded drifts in mid July in the upper basin.

Back