• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chapter run up AF 7-9-2011

jmaxj

NAXJA Forum User
thanks to all that came it was a great day.

well after playing dodge the bikers and joggers up to tibble, me and the kids got the jeep unloaded and ready to go. while we were waiting for the others to show there was a goup of all white xj's that showed up. and they hadn't even heard of NAXJA before. :wow: they got a few cards from climbon so now they know :)

we had 4xj's 1 tj 1 yj and a rzr4 and acquired a toyota somewhere after the rock garden.

although the carnage began before we even hit the rock garden we still couldn't have asked for a better day up there.

damage was i rear D60 shaft, 1 steering box sector shaft, 1 radiator, and a bent tierod. there may have been more but thats all i knew about.

now on to the pics. which 98% of them were taken by my kids, i think i only took 2 or 3 of them

this is the kid that HATES wheelin, this was only the second time in 9yrs she has gone with me.
100_9825.jpg

100_9836.jpg

100_9844.jpg

100_9850.jpg

100_9870.jpg

mike was doing all the trail with 1 dead soldier, that dead weight made him actually have a challenge on the trail
100_9871.jpg

lots of water coming down, there was waterfalls everywhere.
100_9873.jpg

the road was a river most of the trail
100_9876.jpg

100_9877.jpg

100_9880.jpg

100_9882.jpg

more...........

100_9915.jpg

while waiting for cory and kevin to return with the new steering box, a few of us decided to go to tyngs grave........well try!
100_9947.jpg

we got stopped by this
100_9951.jpg

since we couldn't go no farther we decided to start a fire and cook some dogs
100_9958.jpg

the climb out was a wet snowy hill climb back to the road, watching mike do it with 3 wheel drive was interesting, about 1second after this pic was taken he went flying full throttle 3rd gear tire first into a tree, he came do a quick stop.(wish i would have video'd it, it was funny)
100_9961.jpg

kevins rescue crew
100_9968.jpg

at least he had a swimsuit on
100_9970.jpg

after we got kevin fixed, my 13yr old boy wanted to drive up and down the rock garden.
100_9973.jpg

and i can't forget cory's rock which i think was the cause of the hole in the radiator.
100_9971.jpg

the complete album is here: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v628/jmaxj/AF canyon 7-9-2011/

Thanks for letting me join in :)

3wd and wet TOYOs makes for an interesting time lol

I also cracked my frame a bit around the steering box when I hit the tree. I had the clutch stuffed and brakes stabbed and right before I hit I let go of the steering wheel.... but I still hit HARD

Here's some pics and vid.

Oh, nvm, looks like I can't attach.

Here's some vid....

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you guys had a fun day. Sucks I missed it but the wife wanted to get out on the boat for our anniversary this weekend.

Thanks for letting me join in :)

3wd and wet TOYOs makes for an interesting time lol

I also cracked my frame a bit around the steering box when I hit the tree. I had the clutch stuffed and brakes stabbed and right before I hit I let go of the steering wheel.... but I still hit HARD

Here's some pics and vid.

Oh, nvm, looks like I can't attach.

Here's some vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzixeN2r87U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtmPD01g9J0
you can join anytime, it was fun watching try the "hard" lines with an anchor holding you back :D
sector shaft on a steering box? Where have I heard that before??? LOL Nice pics Derek!

ya von i bet it sounds real familiar :laugh:

except were yours broke the trail wasn't a stream and we had smooth rock to lay on.

Thanks for all of your help getting it fixed. I guess there is no better way to learn than on a trail surrounded by a bunch of guys that have replaced them before. It was my first time. Yes the water was cold but what choice do you have. At least the new one has a lifetime warranty on it now.

Back