• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVAP/Purge Solonoid Codes..HELP! Please!

Cipey

NAXJA Forum User
Need help...
I am getting the check engine light and these codes on my 98 xj i6 on the obd2

P1495 Leak Det Pump Sol Ckt open/short

P0443 Evap/Purge Sol Circuit open/short.

I discoed the battery for 15 min turned it on still there...
cleared 'em with the obd2---they come right back

The first thing I did was check the fuses in PDC, since i do not have a diagram for the mini fuses i don't know they control, but they are all there and are good..maxi fuses are good---don't know if the modules are working properly.

I changed out the evap solonoid by the a/c can on the left side of the firewall hoping I would get lucky......still get the same codes...its pulling a vac fine...its just not cycling. i tried a test lamp on the power leads and get nothing..i put the a/c on and still get no power...also the aux fan is not coming on.( I currently do not have it plugged in, but i plugged it in for the test) ..no power there either...temp sensor for the therm is working.

i got a feeling that this is going to be a very EX$PENSIVE Fix if i don't track it down, come January i will need an emissions sticker for state inspect.

Any word on this? I somehow got this P0443 code today. I checked my gas cap and its on tight. Did you end up resolving your problem?

Bump, I haven't paid attention to the aux fan, so I'll have to listen for that. I need to smog mine here for July and these faults just came up. I don't have the 1495, but I do have 1491 along with the 0443.

Not sure about chrysler, but on a lot of the Lexus's we get they need new gas caps, or a new charcoal canister. People love topping off their chit until the gas ruins the canister. $1000 later there's no codes...

I'd check the obvious. Cracks in line, disconnects, do a smoke test and see if you can find a leak.

Same thing here on the 0443 and 'no-go' with the aux fan?!

PM Darky, he is still around and active. Left click on his user ID and select "send private message".

Back