• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EVAP hose replacement

CZHipster

NAXJA Forum User
5b5097e298f645606d14b6b217ad25fb.jpg

4f8f190b6d371bff150bb1a2130bc0bb.jpg

Two questions, fellas.
1. What is the part number of this line on a 2001 XJ 4.0? I can't locate a replacement.
2. What the hell did that to my line? My guess is a rat. This thing lives on a ranch in South Florida and is outside a lot. Any ideas?

Thank you!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks like some type of plastic loving rodent.
Cut the damaged section out and splice in a piece of 3/8" ID vacuum tubing and secure it, I prefer fuel injection clamps.

I prefer double wall fuel line.

Had to replace some connectors between runs of the plastic piping in the evap system. The connectors were single-wall rubber and when they aged and cracked they leaked. Fuel line is thicker and tougher so will last longer against environment. (not sure about against varmints)

There may or may not be a replacement part, but bulk line is <$1.00 a foot. You could go into a NAPA store and look around for a few fittings and/or elbows.

Putting tape on it or patching it will work, but then you might as well apply that principle to the rest of your Jeep...patch it, splice it, paste it up, duct tape it, glue it...then deal with it again later. Just sayin'.

Moth balls or ammonia might work (they both work pretty well on skunks), but rat traps, mouse traps, glue traps, are a little more persuasive. :skull2:

Putting tape on it or patching it will work, but then you might as well apply that principle to the rest of your Jeep...patch it, splice it, paste it up, duct tape it, glue it...then deal with it again later. Just sayin'.
For the record, I didn't say I would us tape. :) I wouldn't be able to get it past my OCD.

OTOH, tape might be the way to go until you get rid of the rats.

I've used tape, gum, a golf tee and a sheet metal screw ...and a PVC sprinkler hose patch to fix leaks. Just saying that the final fix should be a hose replacement, since bulk hose is so cheap.

Hell, I've even used half of a beer can as a bearing dust shield (it fit perfectly) that held marine grease and kept the water out of my boat trailer wheel for two weeks. I'm no stranger to impromptu, spur of the moment repairs and I'm sure not dissing anyone for doing or suggesting same. Temporarily.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Back