• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these sleeves fit?

Anadaron

NAXJA Forum User
So I am in the process of beefing up my D30 and would prefer not to weld in sleeves. So my question is will these fit:

http://www.justdifferentials.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4166

They are for a JK D30 and you just press them in. A little freezer time, some lube, a block of wood and a big hammer.

I am planning on trussing my D30 as well. So this saves the extra welding and possible warping from more welds. Please save the just get a D60 arguments as I am currently building a set for my wife's JK, but I want to wheel until her jeep is finished and I have alot of money already in my D30 and just want to round it out and be done with it.

Jeep specs are 1998 XJ, HP D30, 8.8 rear, Trutrac and 4.10s front and rear running 33s.

I am not sure if they fit, however i think that welding them in would make them much stronger.... I put some weld in ones on my cherokee it was painless

So wait you have a JK and an XJ on hand and you are coming here to ask a question you could easily answer yourself?

1. The JK axle is wider so chances are the sleeves would be a bit long. A little trimming would solve that.

2. I think the JK uses a different diameter axle tubing. You would have to check to see if they have the same inner diameter. I don't believe they have the same inner diameter.

So I would have to take the guess that no they will not work for an older Dana 30. If you want the answer to your question take some time and some measurements of the two axle.

Last edited:
I would gladly do the measurements myself if I was not deployed in Kuwait right now.

Was hoping someone here might have had some experience with this. I have also sent Nitro Gear and Axle an email to see what they have to say in regards to this.

From what info I have been able to gather it looks like each side will need around 1/2" taken off either side. Inner diameter is where I am stuck in my searching right now.

@Wil Badger: If I was looking for hostility I would have posted this on pirate4x4, I expect better of the NAXJA community though.

I would gladly do the measurements myself if I was not deployed in Kuwait right now.

Was hoping someone here might have had some experience with this. I have also sent Nitro Gear and Axle an email to see what they have to say in regards to this.

From what info I have been able to gather it looks like each side will need around 1/2" taken off either side. Inner diameter is where I am stuck in my searching right now.

@Wil Badger: If I was looking for hostility I would have posted this on pirate4x4, I expect better of the NAXJA community though.
haha fail on badger's part.

i have an xj housing taken apart i could measure up for you but i dont have a jk to check. if this will help, just tell me where to measure from/to.

I would need to get the inner tube diameter on the D30 measured. The Nitro Sleeves are 2" so if the XJ D30 inner diameter is within a hair of 2" these will fit.

This gives everyone another option if you can't weld but can saw a 1/2" off the end of a piece of pipe.

I considered the poly performance ones but if I am going to weld them I would prefer to use the Nitro ones that press fit in and then weld them in if they will fit.

Currently just want to press fit these in and then if I feel they need it I will weld them up. The combination press fit + weld seems better to me than just welding.

If the Nitro ones will not work I will be ordering the Poly Performance ones instead.

Thank you for doing your thing over in the sand box. I wasn't being hostile I was simply asking why you wouldn't just take a couple of minutes to measure it yourself and you gave the answer, simple as that. So calm down and take the stick out dude.

As for using a press fit in an older axle I would tend to stay away from that. A bit of abuse and you can bet the axle isn't as true as an axle right out of the factory. You might have a hard time getting them in all the way before jamming.

Back