• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"VIDEO POST THREAD"

slcpunk74

NAXJA Forum User
That is some good stuff... love the trooper!!!

Why no vids of the heep??

Josh
The jeep has been far from ready. I think if all goes well there is a little urban test I need to film this week. I might get some footage out at the dunes this weekend depending how cold it is I guess. I was planning on taking my ex-gf so she hates the cold and will not get out to film unless its warm.

I have not been on here in a while so here it goes(hope I dont get another complaint ha ha). Got a new vid of the jeep and my buddies ranger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPQmA2gcHOk&feature=channel

The tercel video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Gc1N1GHlMA&feature=channel

Pics!

jeeprunnin4.jpg

rangerrunnin.jpg

jeeprunnin.jpg

rangerrunnin2.jpg

jeeprunnin6.jpg

Jeep looks good Chad! Was this before or after the rear shock setup? Looks like you're bumping a bit early.
This was just a couple days ago... Not really bumping early, just not wanting to bump off my flares. I had to change to the 4.5" polys on the rear so I did'nt lose my rear flares on hard hits. Thats about the most uptravel I get until I figure some way of mounting the flare higher.

Man that looks fun. Oh and that was me who commented on the little car that should have blown up. lol

Ha ha wow after that car I had to buy a toyota. We bent the front clip on that so bad the hood would only shut unless we jumped on it, the radiator was leaking pretty bad, and we broke an a arm mount. You know even with all that beating the thing ran just fine and other then sitting a little low on one side it drove ok too.

Ha ha wow after that car I had to buy a toyota. We bent the front clip on that so bad the hood would only shut unless we jumped on it, the radiator was leaking pretty bad, and we broke an a arm mount. You know even with all that beating the thing ran just fine and other then sitting a little low on one side it drove ok too.

Makes me wanna buy a junker and go play...

This was just a couple days ago... Not really bumping early, just not wanting to bump off my flares. I had to change to the 4.5" polys on the rear so I did'nt lose my rear flares on hard hits. Thats about the most uptravel I get until I figure some way of mounting the flare higher.
Ditch the flares and trim the fender, mount some rusty's flex flares up higher if you still want flares.

Ditch the flares and trim the fender, mount some rusty's flex flares up higher if you still want flares.
I think Im going to just make a mold from the stock flare and make a fiberglass flare that has a flat back so I can 3m tape it up over a fully cut wheelwell. It gets kinda hard when you have three project vehicles though.

Check the link on post #1 for the trooper jump and prepare to want one even more

Yup i watched that one before also. Man does it make me want one. but in this economy i couldn't. Ill have a new job here gettin wrecked cars on the auction block. maybe ill snag up a running car that drives and wreck the crap outta it, then sell the rest for parts haha

I think Im going to just make a mold from the stock flare and make a fiberglass flare that has a flat back so I can 3m tape it up over a fully cut wheelwell. It gets kinda hard when you have three project vehicles though.

Thats a good idea ive been planning something similar, but I dont think a glass flare would hold up so well unless its never touched by anything. I also though of just getting two stock flares, sectioning them and plastic welding them back together and then reinforcing it with some glass. That way I could move the flare way up and it would still look stockish.

Thats a good idea ive been planning something similar, but I dont think a glass flare would hold up so well unless its never touched by anything. I also though of just getting two stock flares, sectioning them and plastic welding them back together and then reinforcing it with some glass. That way I could move the flare way up and it would still look stockish.
Yeah I thought of just getting a piece of aluminum and using epoxy to stick it to the back of the flare. I think fiberglass or epoxy would hold up fine.

We took our truck out for a little test on the new engine and re-worked shackle angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW6Jl-RmVPo

Looks to me like I need to do a little less rebound dampening in the rear but other wise i think were close to being ready.

Back