• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"prerunner" light bar/ rack

TwistedcaB

NAXJA Forum User
ok well im wanting too make a low-profile roofrack for my XJ and would like to make a light rack up front, but would plan on keeping it low say bottom of the light rack level with the bottom of the windshield tint strip.

thinkin a mix of the JCR roofrack and somethin like these light bars.
but anyone have any pictures of light racks on there Cherokees?

xjrackstage1top.jpg

xjrackstage1front.jpg

0612or_018_z+1997_ford_ranger+light_bar.jpg

0801or_04_z+7_open_class_7200_first_kind+hella_light_rack.jpg

yea thats what i ment lol, im not sure what they used. but if your looking for that style light bar, check out poly performance they have a light bar like that

c416a67d.jpg

Only pic I have right now but I got this light bar/rack from ratboy, holds 4 9" lights that I need to get. Could get more pics if interested... The light bar is the same angle as the bumper(just noticed) :D

nice jeep tone, yeah thats kinda what im going for but for smaller lights and too make it not so bulky ( prob. use Hella 500's ) pretty much how Cache96 has his but mounted too the rack not the A-Pillar. i'd also have it removable, so prob. just use it when goin too the dunes or doing some night trail runs
IMG00920-20091108-1003.jpg

also just because there arent many pics of my jeep on here, heres what the rack would be goin on ; )

IMG_7153.jpg

IMG_7155.jpg

Last edited:
Another I just took,

5d44f998.jpg

Mine is a little bulky for my liking but I figure once I start loading it up and using it that it will start to blend in with the rest of the jeep. You should go with the hella 700ff if you wanna stay small but not too big, they look good up top!

yeah i'll see what i can afford haha i have a couple hella 500's right now that i think im gonna use on the rack and my buddy has a set of the 700's he wants too sell me that i'd prob. put on the bumper

when you get the chance can you get a close up of how the lightbar is mounted too the rack?

Sure I'll grab you some pics.

Thanks Jim, a bike cop pulled me over today cause he wanted to look at it and try to give me fix-it-tickets for my front plate and my black out tail light covers but he was checkin out how the bumper mounted and everything lol and good news, he let me go with no tickets cause the light covers are Vel-crowed on and I told him I just put the front bumper on yesterday and wasn't sure if I could put the plate on the skid and he said it would be fine to put the plate there... :)

Edit: but I lose the RDZ sticker and the nose drops in the woops now :(

lmao..

time to upgrade shocks too tone.

Need something to mount the shocks to first like a bed cage or a cage... I wonder if I could use the spare mount I got going on now and just add on to make a bed cage for now? Have you ever seen what I have going on in the back Ryan? Idk if it's possible and idk what kind of tube the spare mount is made out of...

you want the hoop out of the back of my rig tone? should be able to hack it off without losing too much if you're careful with the sawzall. I ran 14" king 2.5s with it. I dunno how much it will distort when cut out but if you want it you can have it. YOU have to come cut it out though, lol. the 2nd and 3rd is your only chance if you want it, after that the old shell is going to the big junkyard in the sky.

Back