• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump Stops

Only In A Jeep XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for ideas on how to do my rear bump stops. How have you done them? I'm thinking of making new spring plates, But would like to see how every one has done theirs.

how much do you need?
I needed 3" more so I took a 2"x2" steel square tube and mounted a 1" longer bumpstop to that.Then bolted the 2x2 to the bumpstop location.....make sense?

here is another way to gain about 2"

these are the dpg adjustables:

Last edited:
Yea I've looked at the DPG ones but for that price I can build a set kind of like the home build ones you posted. Except I'll build the whole thing out of one piece of steel instead of wielding on to the factory mount.

I simply unbolted the stock bumpstops, Made drops out of 2x3 in. steel rectangle stock. 1/8 in I believe. Bolted them in then bolted the bump to them. Good and strong. If thats not enough you could weld 2 sections of the stock together for a 6 in drop.

Here's mine, I had the plate cut to shape, drilled the holes myself. They were perfect just like that for 31" tyres, but I needed more for the 33s, so I drilled and tapped a small hole and bolted a hockey puck to it - now it's perfect.

IMG_5797.jpg

IMG_5798.jpg

Plate is 1/2"

100_1955.jpg

Back