• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arm upgrade or adjustable

smiley

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have some money to spend and im thinking between a long arm upgrade kit or just adjustable control arms.

Right now I have a 2000 jeep cherokee classic. 3.5 inch rusty's lift (you guys may hate on it but it has been great for the last 7 years). I have an adjustable trac bar (RE).

I have been getting the beginning of death wobble (though I think its just tires out of alignment a bit) right at 50mph. I haul a boat right at my hauling capacity.

Depends on what your goals are and how big you're planning to go. If you don't need anything more than 3.5" of lift and whatever tires you're running then you're probably fine just doing some maintenance and replacing whatever bushings are worn out. If you wanna go bigger then you'll want to start asking if you need the performance of long arms. Death wobble doesn't really have anything to do with the answer to any of those questions. That's an issue of maintenance and alignment.

Thanks for the reply. In the next 5 years i doubt i will do any heavy wheeling or lift it higher than 4.5 inches. I am going to rotate and balance to see if that helps (though I just rotated... which is what probably brought the issue to light)

What is the budget ? Light wheeling and not much more lift pretty much eliminates long arms. All the cost and very little benefit. Control Arm drop brackets, plus at least one set of adjustable control arms, and some good quality shocks would be a good upgrade. If you do not have a double shear track bar, that also would be a good upgrade. It is likely that fresh suspension bushings are necessary.

Back