• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Redbird Cleanup - June 9th

I'm in, missed the last couple so I'm starting to forget what the place looks like.

I still have a can of stain and some brushes to freshen up the memorial bench for Aaron that's by the rock garden. I will bring some sandpaper and blocks too in case we need it.

Hopefully we don't have a ton of traffic to cover it in dust right away. I'm willing to hang back Saturday to work on it.

Gonna be doing some testing with the new to me 35s

f649ee6034d1b918338c9bfadc9dd954.jpg

mac ‘moab pre-running’ gyvr

I could bring it down to Redbird seeing that it doesn't seem anyone wants me to bring my row boat lol
Seriously though, I could pick it up from Chad and get it to the clean up, that's not an issue.

Redbird prep, I washed most of the mud off from Badlands and painted black over the worst of the scratches. Fixed my back hatch handle(so I can hang out under the hatch). Added some stickers(since I was told each one adds 2 HP). One even says that it is trail rated so I should be good. I can't wait to see you guys again.

I hope to be down there Friday early afternoon...

mac 'at least thats the plan' gyvr

I have emailed the DNR again to see if there is anything specific they need us to work on. If not we will run 21 as usual and go from there.

Planning on Saturday morning arrival, better go over the Jeep since it hasn't moved since WF...

Off-topic but if anyone coming to this has a Renix exhaust manifold they'd like to part with, I'm in need of one.

And a reminder that we need to re-stain Aaron's bench while we're there, assuming DNR hasn't touched it since they last mentioned it a year ago or so. This should be a good time to do it since we don't have any other big projects.

Do we need to sand it down? I should have some sand paper sheets and sanding blocks by my desk at work.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Sure, if you don't mind. I threw in a couple sheets of sandpaper as well.

If someone has a battery operated random orbit sander that would be awesome, I have tons of pads for them. Then again with power tools I might just make it worse haha.

I was thinking about it, but just drove to Minneapolis and back (6 hours each way) on Monday/Tuesday so I am wheeling around Wisconsin this weekend.

I might be able to steal an air one from work for the weekend, but we'd need e decent sized compressor to keep it going more than 30 seconds at a time.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Back