• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Comanche R/T

Well, I knew I wanted to be able to see what I was lifting and moving around, and have a little more control over it. I also didn't have a piece of 2x2 box tubing long enough to go across the D-ring tabs on my rear bumper. So it was an easy decision.

5 year bump.

Yeah a lot of stuff changed... whoops.

I found a low mileage V10 8.0L Magnum at the junkyard in 2014 and bought it, hoping to build the worlds first V10 MJ, but then realized that was almost as dumb as a 5.9 swap because neither makes much power for their displacement and neither has much in the way of cheap aftermarket. Then I let the truck sit till early 2015, resurrected it and registered it. It's been my chore truck and parts hauler since then, stock. I've put maybe 5k miles on it. It's gutless and slow but it does the job.

Then I accidentally bought another NAXJA member's J10 Honcho and whoops now I'm building that instead. The knuckles from the D30/D60 hybrid I was going to build for this project (dumb idea... I just wanted 1 ton brakes on my D30 for towing capability really) are going into a D60/70 build I'm doing for the J10.

The 5.2, 5.9, and 8.0 I bought for this silly project at various times are all for sale if anyone wants them. The most this truck will ever likely get is a stroker or a 97+ swap or both. It does the job I need it to do too well for me to want to have it on jackstands for a long time.

I was aiming for 2028, actually

Back