• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tire Carrier Recommendations

We are going to be making a change over on our rear tire carriers here in the next couple weeks.

Here is what we are going to (Lights will be add on):

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

jdbwrx said:
I thought this was supposed to be released earlier this year?

It's not as if we sit on our hands all day, you do what you can, when you
can, without haste.....shop's been busy, it's still early in the year in my book,
still not used to writing 2007 on my checks!

ShowLetterbwahaahaaa.jpg

Detour said:
It's not as if we sit on our hands all day, you do what you can, when you
can, without haste.....shop's been busy, it's still early in the year in my book,
still not used to writing 2007 on my checks!

ShowLetterbwahaahaaa.jpg

:D I know, just got to keep the spurs in you!

Seriously though, looks great.

oooohhhh..... when, where, and how much??????? oh, and how much weight can that support before sagging? 100lbs for wheel/tire + 80lbs for a water can and gas can??????

I WANT one of those^^^ I will be ordering one as soon as they are available.....

well i think the rigid with the purdy bumper ends is the prettiest bumper out there since you said you cared about estetics.

AJ prides himself in building custom ... he said (at my suggestion) that he was going to make a page on his site of all the customs he has done ... i still dont see it but describe what you want to him and maybe he already built one like that ... can email you some pics and you guys can take it from there.

JCR does custom work also. If your hella picky maybe start with jcr standard tire carrier and tell them what you want to make it pleasing to you estiticaly. link to custom page http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?screen=CUSTOMWORK

cant go wrong with jcr, rigid or aj

http://www.rigidco.com/ the rigid site is woefully outdated/not updated to reflect current bumpers. Email terry and he will send you bumper pics of rear or search on it, and pics will pop up. or PM me and ill forward you my email from terry.

If you dont like the rigid, and cant find what you want from AJ or JCR .... I have one suggestion. Learn to weld cause your one picky SOB if they cant make it :lecture:

I too have a TailBoner. I'm somewhat torn, though. Do I want to put the 245 on the tailgate and reduce visibility, or try to keep it jammed in the back? It would be nice to gain the extra cargo space, but I also like to see out the back window.

I also want to start carrying my manky old Hi-Lift, which doesn't have a home inside the Cherokee. (nor do I want to put the filthy thing in there) - I thought it'd be perfect on a tire carrier ... along with a water can that would be handy for overnighters.

Dunno, I'm kinda on the fence. What do you guys say?

443672860_309da94209.jpg

Hey, what year is the pictured Jeep?

Detour said:
It's new, affordable, and coming to a website near you.......SOON.

ShowLettertailbone.jpg

once you get the tire outside of the jeep youll love it... i had mine up top...and you could feel it now its on the back and was probably one of the greatest mods i've done... you could always get a camera in the back for reversing

cshontz said:
I too have a TailBoner. I'm somewhat torn, though. Do I want to put the 245 on the tailgate and reduce visibility, or try to keep it jammed in the back? It would be nice to gain the extra cargo space, but I also like to see out the back window.

I also want to start carrying my manky old Hi-Lift, which doesn't have a home inside the Cherokee. (nor do I want to put the filthy thing in there) - I thought it'd be perfect on a tire carrier ... along with a water can that would be handy for overnighters.

Dunno, I'm kinda on the fence. What do you guys say?

443672860_309da94209.jpg

I always suggest getting that Hi-Lift under your back seat, with a little
tuning on the tunnel, it fits (shoe off) unless you've got one of those real
long units....While its a nice look on the carrier, it adds alot of stress to
the carrier, adds excess weight to an outter most point, not to mention if
you dont maintain your Hi-Lift, it can become pretty dangerous.....but thats
just my opinion.

bbcherokee said:
ShowLetterbwahaahaaa.jpg

Do you offer installation for those who are not mechanically inclined?

Pretty sure it's an '01.

As far as the install goes, we'll be working on directions with pic's you can
print off and follow along with as you install, much like our BackBone
directions on the site. I'm also attempting to have a 'tacky-template' made
which you would stick down to your bumper and use as a cutting/drilling
guide...then peel off when completed. Install over all is not that bad, but
then again it all depends on what you're installing the system on.

DSC_0021-edit.jpg

FitchVA said:
is the hitch part of the unit? i can't tell where the tailbone starts/stops and the rest begins

All just kinda flows together............

No, there will be no hitch option, thats a 'Hidden Hitch', we wanted to see
how parts interacted, worked out fine.

Back