• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alpine H.U. guys

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, i just got done installing my head unit, and that damn thing wont play my CD's, or any CD's for that matter. If i but a CD in it will read the disk and the seconds on the display show that the CD is playing, but no sound comes from the speakers. The funny thing is, is that the radio will play fine, just the CD's wont. This sucks because this will be the second time i'll have to pay 90 bucks to send it back to the factory to have it fixed (the first time the display wouldnt light up), and the whole unit cost me 300 in the 1st place. If any of you guys know of any thing that might be causing this that i can hopefully fix, please let me know. Thanks, Travis

How long have you had it? You have had to send it back twice? Either time under warranty? If its under warranty you shouldn't have to pay a dime.

If it is out of warranty go buy yourself a new deck. Not worth fixing old junk when new junk is so cheap.

silver CD's and burned CD's, its capible of mp3 CD's, but ive never tried it.

Sounds like you need to have a calm chat with Alpine Customer Service.

i just had the same danw thing happen with my alpine. i had it in my 94 for over 2 years and then i changed it over to my 99 and in a matter of 20 minutes of it not being used the CD player stopped working. everything else works fine and when i asked some local stereo techs aorund here the only thing they could say was that the CD drive is dead.

I've owned or installed about 5-6 Alpine head units and the only problem I ever had was the one in my dads TJ. After a few pretty hardcore wheeling trips, the CD ejection mechanism started screwing up. Crutchfield has fixed it twice for free. Don't think it was the radio's fault as much as the abuse it's been subjected to.

Back