• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blue Canyon, Near Fresno run tomorrow 12/31-07

XJ_ranger

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
if youre sitting at home, thinking to yourself -

gawd im bored... I dont know what I am going to do tomorrow...

you should meet up with Scrappy and I at 8:30am at the bottom of the 4 lanes on Highway 168 near Fresno.

If youre interested in coming, call me

*deleted*

and I can give better directions...

The plan is to head into blue canyon campground, leave the tow rig and trailer there, drive up rock creek road to Bald mountain, then back down to blue canyon and get stupid in the quarry...

lots of nice powder to fling with tires...

lots of rocks to crawl...

lots of fun to be had...

(make sure your junk doesnt suck)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it was an insane new years weekend bash. We wheeled on Saturday with like 30 rigs in the snow with the goal to make it to Bald Mt. We did not even get close!

Went back up to Blue Canyon on Monday and had a blast! It was just Opie and me in his Jeep. We became the heroes of the day this time around. Two forest rangers were incredibly stuck in their F150 and Silverado. This snow was nasty... really nasty. We spent like 4 hours getting them all taken care of and finished the trail. On our way back down to the trailer, a rock slide must have happened so we were nice and cleared the road for future travelers (like the rangers right behind us). After we were loaded up and heading back to the main road, we noticed a FIRE! It had just started and thankfully we were able to put it out before any thing bad could happen.

You all missed another good time. Join us for the weekend snow trip in January!

Getting fuel at the cheap station in town, have to be with the semi trucks!

p1010331hr7.jpg

Playing in the quarry
p1010333wn0.jpg

5000 feet with just over a foot of snow.
p1010338sh1.jpg

Stuck Rangers
p1010343aj6.jpg

Sweet Polaris sportsman 700 on mat-tracks. They had two of them!
p1010353md1.jpg

Of course a movie of me mobbing in Opies' Jeep. He was to scared... :D

Later, cuz I don't know how yet.

Matt

Scrappy said:
Two forest rangers were incredibly stuck in their F150 and Silverado. This snow was nasty... really nasty. We spent like 4 hours getting them all taken care of and finished the trail. On our way back down to the trailer, a rock slide must have happened so we were nice and cleared the road for future travelers (like the rangers right behind us). After we were loaded up and heading back to the main road, we noticed a FIRE! It had just started and thankfully we were able to put it out before any thing bad could happen.

Matt

Good stuff.
Did you relay to them how the OHV community cares and that they should think about that when future OHV plans for the Sierra National Forest come up? Perhaps they found that out first hand since you guys helped them out? :D
What was up with the fire? Where was it? A structure fire?

Jes said:
Good stuff.
Did you relay to them how the OHV community cares and that they should think about that when future OHV plans for the Sierra National Forest come up? Perhaps they found that out first hand since you guys helped them out? :D
What was up with the fire? Where was it? A structure fire?

We talked a little about wheelers, but nothing super specific. Should have, oh well. They really did appreciate us and we let them know that most wheelers are nice folks and just enjoying the outdoors.

Looked like someone flicked a cigarette into a pile of dry leaves! It could have only been burning for 10 mins before we got to it. That part of the canyon is filled with homes and is pretty dry still.

Scrappy said:
Looked like someone flicked a cigarette into a pile of dry leaves! It could have only been burning for 10 mins before we got to it. That part of the canyon is filled with homes and is pretty dry still.

Stupid asses who throw their lit cigarettes out the window piss me off. Good job out there, looks like I missed a good time.

Back