• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is the NWC dead?

I stop by to check in too. I haven't done much to my rig this summer due to other projects. Been looking at long arms though. :)

been busy not a ton of people in the Seattle area anymore from what I can tell.

Facebook hasn't taken over but they do capture a wide audience. I for one will not go the way of facebook because I cannot agree to their privacy policy, or in reality, lack of a privacy policy.

I think in general there are too many media platforms spreading everyone out. Reddit, and instagram are grabbing the attention of a few too. There are other forums booming with activity. Jumped on the F150 forum and was surprised with the activity over there.

I would hate to see NAXJA wither away but it's looking like it. I try to support it as much as possible. So much good info archived here. I think the younger generation in general are less interested in automobiles let alone offroading.

Eh...I think it comes and goes in waves. Things are in a slump on this forum but I'll bet it picks up. I haven't been around as much since I got t-boned and my XJ is totalled. I've been documenting my MJ build over on the comanche club forums, but still lurk here on occasion (in between new baby and other life things that just make it too busy to get on a computer outside of work). This place is still the best place to find technical information on the XJ

I personally don't do facebook because discussions turn into arguments and wars of escalation often over the stupidest stuff. I don't do pirate for the same reason; if I want to be flamed, I'll try pirate first, then facebook. I'm also not a fan of the lack of investment many facebook communities have in documentation like NAXJA does.

Either way, I suppose my lack of participation has largely been driven by not owning a running Jeep for the last 3 years, and a lack of Seattle area activities. Now that my TDI swap is running, I'm almost ready to rejoin the herd. Lets revive this.

BOD elections are right around the corner, something to consider if someone wants to grab the reins and see what this chapters got left in it.
I'd love to take a more active role. I'm gonna be really lame and say I don't think I have the experience on the trails around here to even fathom leadership in this chapter and I've met maybe one other person in this chapter to boot. Has anyone thrown their hat into the ring? I mean, there's a ton of XJs out there still and I'm sure if the forum was a little more vibrant, we might have more new participation, myself included.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Experience on local trails hardly matters.

People skills and desire play a much more substantial role.

Having initiated this thread answers the "desire" question in my mind.

Do you play well with others?

I hope not! I let my membership lapse but I will renew it shortly (might wait till March). I have been busy with other projects this year and haven't really done much except keeping the Jeep running but I do check in here fairly often still :)

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Years ago I started a new career and got divorced. Traded off my jeep for a mustang. Apparently I haven't logged in since 2011 right when life changed up. But, 2 weeks ago I bought a jeep from my late friends mom. He use to be a member here. His naxja name was thethinginthewoods.

I got the other bugs. work, wedding, house, dogs but the jeep lives. It seems to come in waves for me, and I think the pile of parts in my basement will need to get installed this fall and winter a long with a lot of overdue fixing. But ya instagram seems to have sucked a lot of the jeep attention span.

Years ago I started a new career and got divorced. Traded off my jeep for a mustang. Apparently I haven't logged in since 2011 right when life changed up. But, 2 weeks ago I bought a jeep from my late friends mom. He use to be a member here. His naxja name was thethinginthewoods.

jose? black late model on mtr's? Sad.

On a side note, im around still. same xj, same setup. Dont ever check here, but today i though. hmm :callme: . Cool to see some people still around. this is a great wealth of info for our platforms. i learned a great deal about my jeep and how to wheel it here within this community.

Hope everybody is well! Life in the face as i like to say.

Bronze.

jose? black late model on mtr's? Sad.

On a side note, im around still. same xj, same setup. Dont ever check here, but today i though. hmm :callme: . Cool to see some people still around. this is a great wealth of info for our platforms. i learned a great deal about my jeep and how to wheel it here within this community.

Hope everybody is well! Life in the face as i like to say.

Bronze.

My name is Doug. His name was Brian. He lived in buckley when he was young. He was living in Montana as a heavy diesel mechanic.

been a couple years since i've checked in here.
but i'm still around.
sold a bunch of my rigs.
but still have my staled yj build and a mild build 2016 jkur.

Hi. :wave1:

The Jeep's always ready to hit the trail. Just re-vamped my front bumps, and itching to get a trip in soon. Then it's snow season!

I'd love to see some posting again. I tapered off my posting mostly because I felt like I was wasting my time when all you get is crickets.

I know a few of us will be making our annual pilgrimage (14th year!) to TSF next month if anyone wants to come out an play. :dunno:

Back