• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting out 2000 XJ - dark blue, manual locks/windows

Hildy

NAXJA Forum User
A few months back, my son rear-ended a (brand-new, still-had-the-paper-plates) Audi. Bent the frame horns on the XJ, trashed the front end, etc. I picked up a straight body match (except in rollover red) with a bad engine to do a transplant. I think I've got the bulk of the parts I need off of it, so I'm parting out my deceased 2000 4-door XJ.

Things that are *not* available:
- Anything forward of the engine
- Front left fender
- The engine itself (this one went into the red 2000 XJ)
- radio bezel dash panel
- radio
- hatch liner plastic panel
- transmission (I may need that for the black 2001 XJ)

Things that are available, but slightly/somewhat damaged:
- blue hood
- another hood, tan (not sure what year this one's from, though... it came from Mike Finch's house (N.B. reports that it's "gold", from a 2001. It's got some scratching like it was drug around a shop on it's top.)
- engine from the red 2000 XJ. Reportedly has a cracked head, don't actually know, though.
- seats from the red one - they're a little thrashed, and the dude was a smoker.
- full pre-cat to tailpipe exhaust system. I put the known good one from the blue XJ into the red XJ, but the exhaust from the red one is available. The muffler is beat up, but the cats visually look okay.

Things that are in fine shape:
- any body panels not mentioned
- all glass except the windshield
- doors, hatch (doors *might* be spoken for; I'm confirming that)
- wheels (stock 5 on 4.5, 15" rim) - tires are shot, though.
- headliner (it didn't fit in the red one, so I'll have to recover the other one. This one was redone in the last year or two and still looks good. It's got just the one small hole closer to the front (single light, not the big one with the map lights)

There's probably lots of other little bits that are fine - it was a stock height 2WD. Let me know if you want pictures of anything, or if you'd like to know if a certain part is available. I've got tools you can use to pull parts if you'd like. Beer and/or cash accepted if you feel badly taking stuff for free. ;)

-Hildy
/ Three XJs is too many
// At least according to the wife

Not trying to step on any toes, Bent, and for the most part I'm just offering parts to people who want them before I throw the rig away. If somebody doesn't feel right with "free", I'm not gonna tell them no, but I'm also not trying to make money off this. I just want to give people an opportunity to get parts they might need/want before it goes to a scrapper/junkyard.

-Hildy

I'm interested in the seat and headliner for my 97. How bad are the seats and what color is everything?

I'm interested in the seat and headliner for my 97. How bad are the seats and what color is everything?

Seats are charcoal gray cloth, with black vinyl around the back/base. As is fairly normal, there's some tearing of the vinyl, particularly toward the back outside edge of the driver's seat. They're dirty, but the cloth isn't ripped that I see.

The headliner (and visors) are a light grey in color.

PM me a cell number and I can text you pictures if you'd like.

It was nice meeting you. Thanks for the seats and headliner. I really appreciate it!

Complete doors minus the mirrors inside/out? Price? Could u pull em and hold em for a little bit. Want to swap them into my mj.

Did a little research, and it looks like late-model 4-door front doors will fit, but you'll need the late-model striker plates, as well. Do you have those already?

Back