• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

97+ Rear Hatch Glass

MELKORsXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i'm in need of a rear hatch glass for my 00 XJ (w/factory tint)... due to having a full size spare in place of the donut, and not being able to see a small tree behind me...
don't know what they go for new, looking that up now... but any help would be awsome. i'm located in chattanooga, so hopefully something local, and the sooner the better...
thanks guys...

l_ce35a9aa661bb4580c8b29c56311e03e.jpg

did you ever call that guy at elite motors in cleveland?

Juan, i talked to him, and he didnt' want to bother with cutting the glass from the hatch, and wouldn't be able to sell me the whole hatch for less than a new rear glass... but he did call a couple glass shops he uses, and they weren't as cheap as the ones i found in chattanooga...

aparke4, i wouldn't mind getting a free hatch... but a 800 mile round trip would run ~$170 in gas for me, and then i'd have to cut the glass out, unless it's black. thanks for the offer though.

...after some phone calls to some local shops, benswanger glass is my cheapest option, $140 for the glass with factory tint and defroster; or $212 installed.

...one shop told me the glass glues in with urethane, which is good because i can do that. does anyone else know that this is how the glass goes in? if so i'll probably just buy the glass and install it myself. but i'll wait and see if there's any other offers on here first. i need to get it fixed soon, but it's not as bad as a piece of plastic taped in place of the window...

Try pull A Part in Knoxville TN. Matt and I were there this weekend, and they have several XJ,s. They have a website just not sure what it is. If you do find one out there call doug, josh,matt,or I and we'll roll with ya.

They didn't have any late model XJ's though. The rear windows are different 96- and 97+

just checked the pullapart site, and they don't have any late model XJs...
i appreciate your help guys, and if i do find something up your way i'll let ya know.

aparke4, i wouldn't mind getting a free hatch... but a 800 mile round trip would run ~$170 in gas for me, and then i'd have to cut the glass out, unless it's black. thanks for the offer though.

yeah i feel ya it chili pepper red anyways...

i'm still holding out...

it held up to the rain we had last night... no leaks so far... but i'm sure they will come eventually

still no leaks...
still short on funds...
still wheelin'...

Back