• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

01 Rear Hatch Glass washer pump ?

Redsnake

NAXJA Forum User
OK... so a few days back my rear washer stopped working. The pump was still humming when I tried to use it and the reservoir was full. So I tried some basics... I went ahead and pulled the old pump out, drained the fluid tank and then disconnected the rear hose from the wiper.

To verify there wasn't any obstruction, I had my wife stand at the rear hatch and hold her finger over the hole and blew some mild air thru the hose from where it attaches to the motor out the back. There was sufficient air for her to feel it and it sounded smooth. Reconnected with new pump motor and filled the fluid bottle back up... activated the rear pump motor/switch (could hear the new pump running) and after several seconds of priming and trying to get fluid to flow there was nothing.

Pulled the rear inner hatch liner and checked the check-valve w/the little ball 'thingy' and that was clean and functioning fine. I also hooked up my mighty vac to the tubing to check for leaks. Mighty vac held pressure for a couple minutes no problem.

I'm at a loss here... Can't find any leaks, pump is new and running... what else could it be? Any other ideas of what to check?

Appreciate any ideas...

I wouldn't think there is any obstruction in the tank as fluid poured out twice... both when I pulled the upper (rear) old pump off to change it and then again when I pulled it a second time to run air thru the hoses again to check for air flowing throughout the lines. The front washer pump works great and it's the lower pump of the 2 in question.

I didn't try running the pump while in the reservoir tank with the output hose disconnected as I didn't want to clean up the mess it would cause... I guess I could try that and see if fluid goes shooting out. :|

Back