• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

beginning exo

Fullsizexj

NAXJA Forum User
my humble start to an exo, will work on it bit by bit
1239383-P1030223.jpg

1239384-P1030224.jpg

1239385-P1030225.jpg

Very nice looking beginnings. The way the flare covers a portion of the the tubing is slick.

Wow! Thats a good idea. I just buckled in the front fenders last week, and was thinking of a way to make something to protect them, without doing a full exo. Nice job.

No drawings or pictures, just kind of stare at it till something comes to mind and try it, if I like it I move to the next thing and if I don't like it, then I stare at it some more. I have the outer part of the roof halo done but I have to decide on how I want to cross brace it, and I have made the upper fender tube's that will run from the top of the brush gaurd along the edge of the hood and fender and up the pillar to the halo. I will add another tube from that that will follow the edge of the fender down to the rock rail amd then another that will go across the cowl. Problem is poor planning, I ran out of tube so I have to wait till Monday to get some more. I have just enough left to do the things I have listed as far as around the fender and cowl go but not for the halo crossbars and rear pillars and such. I am just doing it a little bit at a time because I have it out in the driveway and have to get some paint on it before the end of the day otherwise I will be fighting rust from the salt air around here

Fullsizexj said:
No drawings or pictures, just kind of stare at it till something comes to mind and try it, if I like it I move to the next thing and if I don't like it, then I stare at it some more. I have the outer part of the roof halo done but I have to decide on how I want to cross brace it, and I have made the upper fender tube's that will run from the top of the brush gaurd along the edge of the hood and fender and up the pillar to the halo. I will add another tube from that that will follow the edge of the fender down to the rock rail amd then another that will go across the cowl. Problem is poor planning, I ran out of tube so I have to wait till Monday to get some more. I have just enough left to do the things I have listed as far as around the fender and cowl go but not for the halo crossbars and rear pillars and such. I am just doing it a little bit at a time because I have it out in the driveway and have to get some paint on it before the end of the day otherwise I will be fighting rust from the salt air around here

Are you going to have any supports inside? or is going to be completely EXO? Also, any pics before you put the flare back on?

JeepFreak21 said:
Are you going to have any supports inside? or is going to be completely EXO? Also, any pics before you put the flare back on?

Have not decided as to weather or not to mount to the inside cage yet, and no pics of flare off because I never took it off

What're those red things in your fenderwell? Are those some cool new shock booties?

-jb :dunce:

vintagespeed said:
What're those red things in your fenderwell? Are those some cool new shock booties?

-jb :dunce:

Oh you noticed, I wanted to be like my hero Jimmy :greensmok

nice start, maybe you can tie the exo on the rock rails, the roof bar and the rear bumper somehow. Each of the points I mentioned probably must be reinforced somehow... just thoughts. :lecture:

Mark Hinkley said:
WTF, did you lift that thing higher?

Do you guys wheel or just build?

:D

hinkley

Nope it still sitting the same as it has always sat for the past 3 years. I will be out at Calico end of the month unless something comes up before then

Mark Hinkley said:
WTF, did you lift that thing higher?

Do you guys wheel or just build?

:D

hinkley

Well I dont know about Richard, but I just build. I mean, if I go wheel it I might scratch the paint & rub my wax off. Then there's the very real posibility of decreased mileage. I simply prefer to wheel my driveway, it's close to home in case of breakage.

I actually went wheeling Thursday while you were nursing your hangover Hinky baby!

-jb

Back