• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico Night Run Saturday Oct. 22, 2016

Hey old man. I am still waiting for this. Been to Calico only once to off road. Hurry the F*&% up. I'll have to buy a new jeep by the time you get done. Old people I swear

Hey old man. I am still waiting for this. Hurry the F*&% up.

The slow way IS the fast way.

Actually I thought I was cruising right along getting started on the sliders. I sketched some dimensioned drawing that checked out. Plan view and a simple elevation look good. Buuuuut I hadn't drawn a section view...and I think it may do me in. IF I wasn't so old and slow I'd of drawn it up and would know for sure; or better yet redraw everything in AutoCAD and verify everything.
:geek:
Probably not a bad idea.

Another thing I'm reconsidering is my choice of 2"x5" tube for the rails. A standard HiLift jack is only going to reach in just over 4". I can think of a couple ways to overcome the issue but they border on the over thinking end of the spectrum.

Blah blah blah, delay, blah blah blah, excuse, blah blah blah, hiccup, blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah...

!!!1

OR I COULD just say screw it and box in the rockers all together and be done with it. Pretty sure it would be cheaper in the end.

Fother Muck!

EDIT: doesn't one of our sponsors make an angle plate to make the mod easier/simpler?

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. Fullerton would make it easier to kill two birds on this trip since I need to drop a rim off in Gardena anyways. I'll give them a call Monday morning. It would definitely make life easier.

No problem, you can also try premier steel in anaheim, metal supermarkets in anaheim, or B&B in Santa Fe springs.

Shake, shake, shake.

Does this mean you are finally getting some spray paint on things? And might be done in time for an anniversary rematch?

We want video this time.

;)

Does this mean you are finally getting some spray paint on things? And might be done in time for an anniversary rematch?

We want video this time.

;)

Actually I'll be giving it a shake-down this Saturday on 2N47. Going to run the bypasses (backwards) from Silverwood down to the staging area. I'm still waiting on the sliders I ordered but I won't need them where the MJ doesn't.

:greensmok

Have fun.

And then Calico the next day?

Actually I'll be giving it a shake-down this Saturday on 2N47. Going to run the bypasses (backwards) from Silverwood down to the staging area. I'm still waiting on the sliders I ordered but I won't need them where the MJ doesn't.

Hrm...if you're looking for company on this shake-down run, let me know. I havent been on 2N47 yet and my jeep is bored sitting in the garage :)

It’s not the size of your meats. It’s how you use ‘em. (Notice it took me more than 24 hours to come up with that clever witticism.)

I was told its not the size of the wave, or the motion of the ocean...what really matters is the captain keeps driving the ship til all the passengers get off??

It only takes 31st for that mates.

:pirate1:

Back