• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Project

KingOfTheHill

NAXJA Forum User
my XJ is where its gonna be i think forever... going to a 4.5"on some 31's.. its CLEAN and i love driving it as a daily driver and dont want to RIP it up on the trials... id rather get another Jeep that needs work that i can mod and play with...

im looking for pretty much any jeep... or blazer(fullsize) or old landcruiser...

if you have a project that your just not gonna get to and you want it gone or some cash in your pocket, let me know.... need something i can play with... so so bored! thanks

JOe

ohhh land cruiser would be COOOOOL. I would love to do a FJ40 or something way down the road. If you can afford the cost they are not a bad project.

KingOfTheHill said:
if you have a project that your just not gonna get to and you want it gone or some cash in your pocket, let me know....

I need to have the carpets in my apartment cleaned... Does that count? :D

How 'bout putting a 302 into a Triumph GT6+? I always wanted to try it but was never bored enough. Let me know how it turns out.
:D
TIM

BTW, I was planning on using a 5 speed out of a late model Mustang.

ive chopped a vw in half and was able to ride a wheelie as far as i wanted using a cutting brake for turning....

ive put a 350 in a Chevy Vega and a 302 in a pinto... both wheelie mosters...

just want a beefie offroader i can build and kill ya know

JOe

I have an 85 pioneer with a blown 2.5 that could really use a V8, major lift and some 38's ....I could deliver it to you for $500 total

KingOfTheHill said:
my XJ is where its gonna be i think forever... going to a 4.5"on some 31's.. its CLEAN and i love driving it as a daily driver and dont want to RIP it up on the trials... id rather get another Jeep that needs work that i can mod and play with...

im looking for pretty much any jeep... or blazer(fullsize) or old landcruiser...

if you have a project that your just not gonna get to and you want it gone or some cash in your pocket, let me know.... need something i can play with... so so bored! thanks

JOe

Interesting you mention this. I was in Tijuana the other day bc someone I know has a business down there anyway I saw a yard with maybe 12 cjs and tjs and 12 FJ40s. Down the street from my house there is a Chevy fullsize pickup on blocks, 4x4, maybe 1975 model, needs restored, would love to worke on that if I had the time and $. Someone I know in CO had a toyota landcruiser as a farm vehicle, cool but only had 4 spd though. I'll keep my eyes peeled anyway.

sintax said:
ohhh land cruiser would be COOOOOL. I would love to do a FJ40 or something way down the road. If you can afford the cost they are not a bad project.
I always wanted one.... till I saw so many break on the Con last year on stuff that an XJ with 4.56's and open diffs just waltzed through.

Kejtar said:
I always wanted one.... till I saw so many break on the Con last year on stuff that an XJ with 4.56's and open diffs just waltzed through.

:cheers: the mighty XJ...... land cruisers are waaaaayyyyyy over rated IMO

I personally would love to have a brand new FJ40 pickup that they sell in Africa. It has a 6cyl 24valve turbo diesel and electric lockers front and rear from factory....

Kejtar said:

Remi, put 400 XJs on one trail like the Con....I bet you'd see just as many broken parts. As far as waltzing, some people can dance, some can't.

Just pokin' fun...

Dan

Dan Turner said:
Remi, put 400 XJs on one trail like the Con....I bet you'd see just as many broken parts. As far as waltzing, some people can dance, some can't.

Just pokin' fun...

Dan
LOL.. oh they would break all right... just not all on the same obstacle like the yotas :D

Kejtar said:

It must have been a bad day for the '40s.... My 77 FJ40 ended up rusting to death. It drove good but the body couldn't keep up..... (Oh yeah and Birfields suck!)

Scott S

Back