• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

We Got SNOW!

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
It has been a few years since we have seen this much snow around here. Thought I would share!

backsteps.jpg

snow09004.jpg

snow09005.jpg

trucksnow.jpg

So did we! Got roughly 1"...not quite the 3-5" they were calling for, but it still got me a day off of school none the less. There's a nice layer of solid ice under it all that I don't see going anywhere anytime soon...and with temps supposed to go down to 18 tonight...might be on a delay tomorrow as well!

Got up around 5:30 to watch the news and headed out around 6 to play around....been waiting 4 years to drive the XJ in the snow!

Here in Cannon Co. Tennessee we got a pretty good dusting of snow and ice. We have a lot of shaded backroads and I take one of those to work.

I was going home last night and didn't know about the snow and ice since where I work an hour away was clear. When I made the turn onto Cove Hill Rd., I knew it was going to be interesting. It is a steep widing road that has a deep ditch on one side and shallow on the other. Then the county filled the edges with shot rock.

As I began going up the hill it was white with snow and ice but the XJ didn't slip. Got to a Mazda truck in the shallow ditch on my left when I could see a John Deere tractor's front end loader bucket in the deep ditch on the right. The entire tractor was almost out of site, save for the bucket. I hadn't even gotten to the steep section yet.

I turned back around at that point. 4 low in low gear and slid once for just a second coming back down. Drove the long way home.

That's not snow! This is snow! This was 3 weeks ago. Just to give you an idea, the CJ is on 36's
DSCF0043.jpg

we got about an inch. but i still had to work. and couldnt do donuts in the parking lot :( lol.

i always think its funny the amount of snow that we in the south go crazy over (school closings and shutdowns and whatnot)

but its kinda like las vegas this year (they got snow if you didnt know already) we dont ever get anything below 2000ft elevation and below the virginia border so we get excited over it :D

That's not snow! This is snow! This was 3 weeks ago. Just to give you an idea, the CJ is on 36's
DSCF0043.jpg

you want a cookie?

this the south......some people have seen more than a dusting around here. there is not an infrastructure in place to deal with any kind of winter weather.

We got about 4in yesterday, some melted this morning but its been replenishing itself. I've been having fun in the XJ especially with other people riding with me.

DSCF0043.jpg
Always irritates me when people piss on other peoples parade. Three weeks ago I was wearing tshirts and it was 70 outside.
So who is worse off? :conceited

my 3 yr old and his jeep.

2008 jeep hurricane rolling on 15s.

PC140136.jpg

PC140135.jpg

PC140138.jpg

and then......
screw this its cold.
PC140134.jpg

btw this is in Havelock NC.

BALLIN' ON 15s

with some home made super tread tires too! they were unstopable untill they got packed with ice and slush, then the sliding in the snow started....

with some home made super tread tires too! they were unstopable untill they got packed with ice and slush, then the sliding in the snow started....

Ya'll actually got more snow then we did.....one of those weird storms that dumps more snow at the coast then it does inland.

Ya'll actually got more snow then we did.....one of those weird storms that dumps more snow at the coast then it does inland.

looking at how high it got on my keep i figured about 2 inches worth. needless to say im hibernating. lol

another half inch this morn. in se tenn.

looking at how high it got on my keep i figured about 2 inches worth. needless to say im hibernating. lol

Yeah measuring it off my Jeep before I left it was around in inch or so.

Sure didn't stick around long at all when the sun came out about 1130 yesterday!

at the moment my front yard is green. the back is still about 40% snow.

its all gonna melt then refreeze tonight. roads shoult be LOADS of fun in the morning.

at the moment my front yard is green. the back is still about 40% snow.

its all gonna melt then refreeze tonight. roads shoult be LOADS of fun in the morning.

Good, maybe they'll cancel or delay school tomorrow, seeing as I've got a 9.25am class that I really don't want to go to...

Good, maybe they'll cancel or delay school tomorrow, seeing as I've got a 9.25am class that I really don't want to go to...

I doubt it...all the roads cleared up yesterday afternoon and they didn't delay anything this morning....atleast not at uncc.

Back