• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this the oil pressure sending unit?

iBran

NAXJA Forum User
brokeit_ohnoes2.jpg

brokeit_ohnoes.jpg

brokeit_location.jpg

brokeit_connector.jpg

Anyone know if the dealers normally stock this part?

Please tell me I can just go to a dealer and pick this up tomorrow... I have plans to go up north for the weekend, and it's not going to be a fun trip hauling a dog and a canoe with my Saturn! :(

yes and both the stealer and local parts houses (autozoo) carry it... i got mine from autozoo and it read bad so i got an OE one was acutally cheaper then autozoo (SHOCKING)

Yes its the oil pressure sensor, most any auto parts store should stock them, and should be cheaper then dealer $$$$

Thanks guys! I just went to Checker's website, my local store has it in stock for $27.

Now I don't have to lose sleep over how to fit all that stuff in the Saturn :)

Got a bit overzelous with a wrench ??? :D Figure you did some reading too, noticed the krikit II in the background, nice to know some people comprehend and read...

RichP said:
Got a bit overzelous with a wrench ??? :D Figure you did some reading too, noticed the krikit II in the background, nice to know some people comprehend and read...
:D Yeah, I saw it recommended here a few times. Just got it last weekend when I changed the belt again -- The first belt I put on was too loose, and ended up twisting over the PS pulley and shredding :(

Only took a call to 3 Napas for a guy to comprehend what I was talking about. It sure is a handy tool though! I wish I had it the first time around.

If anyone else has trouble finding one, the magic words are "NBH KR2" when asking for it!

Last edited:
I broke mine off taking off my oil filter once. I wasnt paying attention and caught it and it went SNAP. It was late and i needed to get back home so I went to the Autozone around the corner and bought one. It was like $27 but its a POS, my oil pressure hasnt read right since. I'm done with Autozone, all I ever got from the was POS defective parts.

Heres what I do. When taking off the filter, move unplug the vaccuum hoses going to the heater & heater valve, unhook (from the valve cover) & move the heater hoses out of the way, pull out the dipstick and unplug the sensor if you wish. With this junk out of the way, my unsteady hand is discouraged from closing in on the sensor.

Back