• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

STS Turbo

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
It's a new concept to me, so I thought I'd post the link. They don't make a kit for a jeep, but there is no reason why one couldn't be made. It's great getting all that hardware out of the engine compartment.

http://www.ststurbo.com/

I'm not so sure it's a good idea for a hardcore off roader, but I'd love to do this to my 99 WJ with the 4.0.

Fred

I don't know. I've seen those kits before, and frankly, the idea of mounting the turbo as far as humanly possible from the engine sounds like a recipe for lag and a host of other problems.

Granted, its no fun trying to squeeze all the turbo components under a hood (I've done a custom turbo on my subaru), its definately better than that overall.

Their 'less heat' claim sounds like just a marketing ploy to try to differentiate their turbo kits from other manufacturers. In my experience, you want the turbo close to the head so you don't lose the exhaust heat/velocity before it gets to the turbo.

Fabbing your own manifold from an old header and using a junkyard T3 from a Ford TurboCoupe would probably work just as well (or better).

Back