• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cheap racks

dellstopjeep

NAXJA Forum User
hey im lookin into purchasing a safari style roof rack. I am not lookin into spendin a lot of money so i just want to know where to get the cheapest one. 200 or less at least. If someone has one for sell to please let me know. ALso i have yakima bars if that helps in price. Also while im askin questions i was curious of a lock rite locker is a good investment. I was thinkin about puttin one in my rear axle but i dunno if that will wear the tread more on my tires since it it locks up on its own. thanks.

Search ebay for a rack. There is a guy who makes racks and they look pretty good. He uses greyhound to deliver to keep the cost down. I can't remember his name but I just did a search and didn't see him but he is selling the racks on ebay. He wears a welders mask in one of the pictures.

While looking over ebay there where some good deals on other racks.

Hope this helps

I have one in Longview Wa for sale. It will bolt right to your Yakima bars with u-bolts. It is one I made, it just needs re-painted. It has a tire carrier and an expanded metal floor. send me an e-mail if you want to see pics.
[email protected]

you mean this dude? currently he is running a special, sounds tempting

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33651&item=2446187992

Rogue Sport said:
Search ebay for a rack. There is a guy who makes racks and they look pretty good. He uses greyhound to deliver to keep the cost down. I can't remember his name but I just did a search and didn't see him but he is selling the racks on ebay. He wears a welders mask in one of the pictures.

While looking over ebay there where some good deals on other racks.

Hope this helps

Surco at quadratec.

I bought my Surco rack at quadratec for something like $189. It's a 50x60. I bought the spare tire adapter from them too for $50 and used Kargomaster brackets to mount it. You should be able to buy the rack by itself or find Yakima compatible brackets for it. Quadratec has the whole product line.

That's the guy. I have been tempted to but I want to have a rack that I can move between my XJ and WJ.

Dogtired,

I went to UCF. I miss O-town sometimes.

I spent the time and built my rack. I used 3/4 inch conduit, quarter-twenties and some plate steel. It took me about eight hours but i really spent my time on it. I think it looks just as good, if not better than pre-fabs. It seems alot stronger to. I got all the material at Home Depot and it cost about 40$

There is also a guy on ebay that sell racks for $160

Search roof rack or cherokee roof rack, maybe cherokee rack

Back