• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tomken Gas Tank Skid?

verrive

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,
I've seen these on their website for significantly less than either Skid Row or Rustys. Any pluses or fall backs to it? Experience is good :D I searched but didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Kevin

The word is that they are pretty good. Tomken has a reputation of solid no frills designs that do what they say. Can't ask for much more than that. I run their wingnut discos and everybody laughs but I can reconnect faster than the fancy units and on uneven ground to boot.

Kevin,

I like mine. I've had it more than two years and it has been great (I have hit it). If not Tomken I would maybe go with Rock Lizard Fab. I haven't seen there's yet but if its anything like their transfer case skid it should be really good. I believe they try to be extremely competitive price-wise as well.

Hey Eric,
Thanks for the reply ;) I almost forgot about Rock Lizards upcoming skid. I e-mailed him for some info hopefully he'll get me some good news :D

- Kevin

Ive really nailed mine a few times. It has a few bashes and dents, but without it the rocks would have definitely taken out my tank. Very sturdy unit and you don't need nut strips to install it.

i have beat the snot out of mine on my '98, a good skid IMHO

no complaints here either... 2 years on my '01.

Lucas said:
Ive really nailed mine a few times. It has a few bashes and dents, but without it the rocks would have definitely taken out my tank. Very sturdy unit and you don't need nut strips to install it.

From what I've seen of this guys rig, if he says its sturdy and good, I'd trust him! :thumbup:

Mine's taken more than a few had knocks with no problems. It's a good skid that does it's job!
xjnation makes a good one, too. I like the mounting on his a little better than the Tomken. You might check out that one.

Back