• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ignition Actuator

kootenaycat

NAXJA Forum User
Did a search but didn't find any results for it. Trying to find an ignition actuator for a '98 Cherokee auto, dealer doesn't even list it, wreckers will only sell complete column and they are getting rare. Any ideas? Aftermarket? Looks like this in the picture, black thing is the switch

Thanks!
Kevin

actuator2.jpg

Actuator.jpg

I had that go out on my wrangler, and you are right... you can't buy one at the dealership or parts stores.
go to daveysjeeps.com he has them and will send you one. I don't remember the price, but very reasonable compared to the dealership solution, which is to buy a whole steering column.

I had that go out on my wrangler, and you are right... you can't buy one at the dealership or parts stores.
go to daveysjeeps.com he has them and will send you one. I don't remember the price, but very reasonable compared to the dealership solution, which is to buy a whole steering column.

Hey thanks! Contacted them and it's $50 plus shipping, a whole lot better then a whole column!

Thanks again!
Kevin

Back