• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power window motor no stop in up position fix write-up

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I just had a little problem with my power window on my 99Xj. Once the driver window was up, the motor would keep going and there was a grinding nose. There is no switch: the motor is supposed tostop with the resistance on the window regulator cable. This is what I figured out and how I fixed it:

Once I removed the window actuator from the motor I notice that the coil cable was damaged at the top position where it meets the gear. I removed the rivet and tab to remove the cable from the lifting unit. I installed the cable back from the other end and put it back. It seems to work for now.

I used the instruction on this web site: http://www.steigerperformance.com/products/sp12001.html

The plastic piece that holds the window in place was in good condition so I hope it will be OK for some time. Cost of the repair 0$.....for now.

I'm having the same issue in that my drivers power window doesn't stop pushing up when it's all the way up. Couple of questions.

1. I have to completely disassemble the window off the track to get to that part?

2. Any idea where I can get more of those plastic clips that snap the door panels back on? I have only a couple left that aren't broken from me fixing the stereo speaker and past repairs.

Back