• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Schedule

planefixer

NAXJA Forum User
This is a tentative trail schedule, subject to change.

I need volunteers for trail leaders.

Monday: Wheeler Lake
Tuesday: Grizzly Lake & Iron Chest
Wednesday: Hancock Pass/Tomichi Pass return via Monarch Pass (Hwy 50). Alternate route: Hancock Pass/Cumberland Pass/Tincup Pass
Thursday: Mt. Antero/Baldwin Lakes or Mt. Princeton or Pomeroy lakes
Friday: Tincup Pass/Cottonwood Pass - back by mid-late afternoon for dinner and raffle.
Saturday: Chinaman Gulch - ladies encouraged to drive - need to hit the trail early to beat the crowds.

Thursday/Friday overnight trip: Holycross
Minimum vehicle requirements ( additional to the standard NAXJA requirements) for Holycross:
33" tires
Rear locker
Vehicle damage very possible

Hardcore Trails: Indy, Carnage gulch - just like it says HARDCORE- minimum vehicle requirements and scheduling to be discussed in camp.
Led is in charge of the hardcore trails.

Dinner and raffle will be friday evening starting around 5:00 p.m.

This is just a rough schedule and open for day-by-day discussion at the event (we can change the schedule as necessary if need be).If you want to run a different trail on a particular day, feel free to do so, as long as you have at least one other vehicle willing to go with you- never wheel alone.

Last edited:
I'm not sure yet if I'm going to make the entire event, but I'm planning on attending the Holy Cross overnighter.

I'd be happy to lead that run.

I can do Hancock. I've never done Tomichi but there's a first time for everything.

Fred

i'd really love to be at CO fest, but my 2000 xj sport is bone stock right now. i'll be trying to get some work done on it but if i cant pull it off will there still be some wheeling i can do in a stock xj?

it seems like hancock pass would be do-able. am i right? and are there any others that you guys will be doing?

thanks
Castle

XCastleXJ said:
i'd really love to be at CO fest, but my 2000 xj sport is bone stock right now. i'll be trying to get some work done on it but if i cant pull it off will there still be some wheeling i can do in a stock xj?

it seems like hancock pass would be do-able. am i right? and are there any others that you guys will be doing?

thanks
Castle

there's A LOT in the area that can be done in a stock XJ. Hancock Pass, Tincup, Cumberland, Alpine Tunnel, Old Monarch Pass....just to name a few....there are a bunch more.

awesome. im glad to hear it. so based on the above schedual, wednesday and friday would be good days for me to come down and join you guys? unfortunatly i dont think i'll be able to make it every day.

XCastleXJ said:
awesome. im glad to hear it. so based on the above schedual, wednesday and friday would be good days for me to come down and join you guys? unfortunatly i dont think i'll be able to make it every day.
the schedules are tentative, so I wouldn't count on the trails being the same by the time you get there. However I have been to a few CoFests, I am stock as well and there has always been a trail to run, with somebody willing to come along. I hope like hell I can go this year. There are some incredible trails there to hit. If you fish, all the better.

Try to go for Friday's dinner/raffle for sure.

i'd like an idea on my min. requirements for indy and carnage i've always wanted to run them

thanks

jmaxj said:
i'd like an idea on my min. requirements for indy and carnage i've always wanted to run them

thanks

35" tires, F&R lockers, winch, good driving skills, no regard for sheet metal and plenty of spare parts.

planefixer said:
35" tires, F&R lockers, winch, good driving skills, no regard for sheet metal and plenty of spare parts.
hmm..........i guess i could try to stuff 35's under there i pass on everything else

broqenjeep said:
what are standard min. req.

Here you go:
Section 3: Required Equipment for Event Participation
  1. NAXJA VERY HIGHLY recommends that all event participants have a CB Radio.
  2. NAXJA requires all listed items to be present, and available for use, for a vehicle to be permitted to participate in a event. Participants are expected to stow equipment and all other items within their vehicle in a safe manner, conscious of the effects of OHV use and possible shifting of items.
  3. NAXJA Safety Inspectors will use this list for safety inspections prior to any event. The Safety Inspector has final say in approval or rejection of any vehicle for event participation and may at anytime defer to a second event or club officer for additional ruling.
  4. NAXJA expects each event participant to carry insurance and registration sufficient to meet the legal requirements of their vehicle state of residence and for the roads and trails traveled for the event. NAXJA is not responsible for assuring an entrant's vehicle is legal for the roads and trails traveled in the event.
Equipment List
  1. Visibly charged fire extinguisher (BC or ABC)
  2. First aid kit
  3. Adequate spare tire, jack and lug wrench
  4. Safety belts for driver and any current passenger
  5. Adequate attachment points in the front and rear of the vehicle:
    1. Acceptable forms of attachment points: (All Items must be mounted in a manner to provide adequate strength and integrity)
    2. Tow hooks of OEM or greater integrity
    3. D-Rings
    4. Shackle/Clevis
  6. 20ft 10,000lb snatch strap without any metal hooks
  7. Secured battery (no bungee cords)

Roughly 50% of the trails on the schedule for CoFest can be done with a stock XJ.

Back