• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEED HELP WITH STEERING SHAFT

dangerdan07

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I'm about at wits end here so maybe one of you guys can save my sanity. I bought this part ( http://www.quadratec.com/products/56113_04.htm ) to replace mine that had worn out. It is the shaft that connects the steering column to the power steering... kind of important. Problem is, it came about an inch too short to bolt up properly. Some of the people on other forums have pointed that it is telescopic and it certainly looks that way but no amount of pulling, compressing, hammering or 2 man yanking can get it to budge either way. Please please please tell me there is a secret to getting this thing to move. I'm trying to get my jeep back together tonight so I can go home to see my mom and this is the only thing preventing me from doing that. Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!

the picture is hard for me to see its too dark.. but what year jeep is it and is this the piece that goes into the steering box?

Have you tried calling quadratech and explaining the problem to them? Most likely the problem is with their part which may or may not be identical to the OEM part from Jeep. Some aftermarket parts that you buy are "will fit" parts and not direct replacements. Either way I think a phone call to Quadratech is the next step.

Quadratec said maybe the part is defective so they're shipping one out monday. Yay more waiting. :))))))))))))))))

edit: But to Quadratec's credit they are replacing it for free and did it with no hassle. So they'll probably at least get some more of my business in the future.

I dont think that part is telescopic. you have extend the part that comes out the firewall (steering column) before you connect this piece.

Last edited:
Back