• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone know the color code for a black 94 Cherokee?

Anyone know the Color Code for a factory Black 1994 Cherokee Sport? I want 400 grit sand & squirt the hood (its faded) but I don't know the paint code to pick up the paint on the way home this eve. I know that the shop mixes the paint based on the OEM color code.

Thanks!

M Randolph

M, there were 2 blacks in 94; a black crystal cc (X8/DX8), and formal black (X9/TX9). To be safe, you'll have to get the code off the vehicle mfg label.

Paint Codes

Going to shoot it w/ Valspar single stage, so no more clear coat baking off in the sun... I hope.
M, that's a good choice. I'd use acrylic enamel on it; it's very durable and has a high gloss if you add hardener to it, especially in black.

you'll see those 400 grit sand scratches through the base coat if you don't seal the hood first, to not have scratches you need to use 500 grit or finer.

eric

mike, 400 !!! dude way wrong and very wrong with black you will see every mark where you sanded on that hood. prime it once or twice and wet sand with at least 1000 or 1500 sand paper. Steve

Back