• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3.5-4.5" Lift suggestions for a 97-01

eyesac

NAXJA Forum User
I HAD a 99 XJ w/ a 3.5" on 32s but some Jacka$$ crashed into me last friday and totalled it. So now I'm looking to buy another one, but I'm going to pick out a different lift. What's a good one (I'm trying to stick w/ 3.5-4.5, no 6"+ suggestions please). Rubicon Express makes a good looking 4.5 for cheap, any suggestions or links if this has been asked a million times?

Thanks!

rough country i dont know if there that cheap i paid i think in the $700s with the add a leaf but there 4.5inch lift has been good to me and the ride isnt that bad.

RE 4.5 for $773.95 is pretty darned competitively priced to me (w/ add a leaf, not full packs). But thanks.

I've only ever heard good things about them, so I guess that's what I'll go with here in a bit...

Thanks for the suggestions

RE is very good, dont waste your time on an add a leaf with 4.5" lift.

get the 3.5" leaf pack with a 1" shackle

Depending how much work you want to do, you can get 3.5" from stock XJ leaf packs by adding another XJ main + second in the rear. Up front - Tbird coils (with adaptors built) or Emu 3" + stock isolators = 3.5" front and rear for cheap with great performance on and off road.
Add another inch with spacers / shackles. You could build 4.5" XJ with great performance for real cheap this way. Add RE drop brackets & braces to get cush on-road performance, too.

i would stay away from the AAL...i put one in the back of my XJ and its only been 2mnths and its already saggin...i plan on a building my own leaf pack for 4.5" using dakota leaves

RE springs and shock and bastard pack in the rear. dakota spings they will give you 4.5 and it is $20.00 at pullapart my neighbor is running it and well good lift and great ride cheap

RERERERERERERERERERERE

Money well spent.

Back