• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

04 GC overland hard to put gas in

Cerpindicular

NAXJA Forum User
Since i have gotten this jeep it has had an issue filling the tank and wanting to shut the pump off after a few seconds unless i pump it at a trickle which takes forever. Oddly enough if the weather is just right it seems its not as big of and ordeal but that is very rarely the case. i did pull the rear bumper cover and disconnected the hoses that I thought were for venting and blew air throug them. Fuel fill hose does not appear kinked. Any suggestions? The plastic check valve seemed ok

I had the same issue on my XJ. somehow the plastic anti-syphon ball spring had moved positions, it should be inside the ball, somehow it had moved to outside the ball. I would bet you money that your issue is that anti-syphon ball valve. Pull the tank, and the pump and reach in there and pull the spring out.

I replaced all my hoses, my evap valves, and my fuel pump before I decided to yank the anti-siphon spring out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Back