• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Blower Motor/Circuit Problem

tsc

NAXJA Forum User
Hey Guys, I have a 2000 XJ that the blower motor stopped working the other day. The symptoms seem to be the blower worked once or twice when I moved the fan speed switch but then stopped working. Then everything just kind of went out on the panel with the fan speed and temperature, and climate selection.

Now I have changed out the fan relay, the blower motor, and blower motor resistor. I tried a second one out of a 2001 XJ and this didn't seem to solve anything. I have also troubleshooted this by using a dash panel from a 1998 XJ that has the same 3 controls (the temperature control is not cable control in 2000 like it was in 1998)

Now when I turn on the key and change the fan setting, I can hear the blower relay squeal from vibrating really fast. I pulled the blower motor and tested it by connecting it directly to the battery, and putting one in from a 2001 XJ. They both work in the 2001 and when connect to the battery directly.

If I turn the key on I see the back light on the fan bezel on, I am thinking there is an electrical connection some where, does anyone have any ideas on this?

Back