• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Small block or big block???

thats what i was thinkin. hell build a 427. not as big as a 454 but just as nice. they scream too. remember aftermarket blocks are your friends though.

It wouldn't fit without a HUGE lift, and would probably twist the front end from all the torque without some serious strenthening.

I put a sbc in my 96 xj. I like it and dont like it. first, its not practical and you have to upgrade damn near everything else so you dont break it. i do like it however, cause everyone looks and it sounds great. power is nice, but not breaking parts is too. as far as bumps when installing, i bought the advance adapters bolt in notor mounts. work great. the only modifying i had to do to get the 350/700R4 in was to drill 2 holes in the crossmember (or make one like i did) for the chevy tranny mount. i hooked it to a 231C with the jbconversions sye kit. holley truck avenger carb also. 2 big things as far as installing though. 1- buy the becool conversion radiator for it. i have it and it doesnt get hotter than 190-200 stanging still. 2- buy advance adapters conversion headers and install them BEFORE you put the motor in. cause 1 bolt in the back is nearly impossible to tighten on the header. i learned this the hard way spending money on old rams horns style (for sale) headers and s-10 conversion headers, too. but its nice, you rev it up and the whole jeep tilts sideways.

For Sale: My 1996 350SBC XJ

Back