• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back in an XJ: Building a mild 1998 Sport

Photo Dump from Yankee Hill on Jan 12th.

ZIAugTM.jpg

16ISV44.jpg

v81Hcwy.jpg

2vbCVUV.jpg

j8YzJ4J.jpg

pAINpUt.jpg

Giving Lorenzo's jeep a little tug up the hill
97KHbLG.jpg

Fj3dqre.jpg

bBqa27X.jpg

More pics from Yankee Hill

Tightening up the chains on the red XJ. He was borrowing 1 pair of my 35" tires chains for his 33's so there was some excess chain we had overlapped and it worked its way out. No damage was done, just had to lay back in the snow to re-secure it.
RxusRr8.jpg

Tried tugging Lorenzo up another hill but this one was too steep for me to get any traction with the weight of his rig hooked to mine.
J2I4ECI.jpg

So out came the winch to try to tug us both up the hill. We were hoping that once we got moving the Jeeps could power up, but the winch was doing all of the work so we had to nix that idea. We instead backed down to the base of the hill and put my other set of chains on the rear tires of his rig. Now with both of the open/open rigs sporting chains on the rear and mine being locked front/limited slip rear we had no more issues getting up hills.
Lix7b8P.jpg

Zusm47y.jpg

EcWjWDA.jpg

6R74QbD.jpg

VZmUqsw.jpg

uMUgFr8.jpg

By the time we got towards the top of Yankee Hill my kid had fallen asleep.
MnTbREP.jpg

3xNkTsl.jpg

P3OLfhg.jpg

Its getting harder every year with these asinine seasonal closures. I can understand closing the trails for a bit in the spring so the run-off can dissipate before people start mobbing through, but in the winter either the snow will close it or there is no harm to be done running it. It sucks. We ran Seven Mile yesterday and there wasn't much snow. Kelly Flats and another nearby trail were gated, so was Moody/Crystal down by Masonville and there was almost no snow there.

Back