• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PETA to rename fish "sea kittens"

Original_MudButt

NAXJA Forum User
PETA's campaign to rename fish 'sea kittens'

By Cathy Alexander

AAP

January 09, 2009 04:07pm
A CAMPAIGN to rename fish as "sea kittens" in order to improve their image has been ridiculed by the Federal Opposition.
Outspoken animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is using the "sea kitten" name as part of its push to restrict fishing.

"Nobody would hurt a sea kitten!" the group says on its website.

"People don't seem to like fish.

"We're going to start by retiring the old name for good.

"When your name can also be used as a verb that means driving a hook through your head, it's time for a serious image makeover."

The website features images of fish with cats' whiskers and ears.

PETA is using the campaign to entice people to sign a petition calling on the US Fish and Wildlife Service to stop promoting "the hunting of sea kittens (otherwise known as fishing)".

Opposition fisheries spokesman John Cobb was not impressed with the campaign, nor with PETA.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24891309-29277,00.html

So now I get to order "cajun sea kitten" Doesn't bother me. Infact I would laugh every time I heard that on the menu :D

You're making me hungry. I think I'll head over to Burger King and order up a greasy fried sea kitten sandwich.

FF_BK_big_fish_24309a.bmp

MeeeYow, baby.

If fish are on their radar now, they are definitely not going to be happy about this.....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7820885.stm

Perhaps the end-all solution is to send PETA supporters to Zimbabwe to give Bobby Mugabe's Dumbo-dining soldiers a stern lecture, I hear they respond well to that.

Renaming them "Giant Savannah Gerbils" might help........

Perhaps the end-all solution is to send PETA supporters to Zimbabwe to give Bobby Mugabe's Dumbo-dining soldiers a stern lecture, I hear they respond well to that.

Renaming them "Giant Savannah Gerbils" might help........

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

the old smelled like tuna line could be worked in there somewhere. Me personally, I like to eat the kitty. Now you can eat the McGreasy fish sandwich with sound effects, and lick the tartar sauce, all your wife/girlfriend can do is roll her eyes. Because you will be protecting the fish by perpetuating the sea kitty name. Rock on environmental wackos, rock on

Last edited:
I think PETA is just looking for a cause. Seems like they all have weak minds, and can so easily be brain washed into thinking that they need to fight like its the single most important thing in the world, and that they need to get people to stop eating a major source of food for many places.

I don't see how changing the name of fish to "sea kittens" will really do anything, just because it has the word "kitten" in it. I think they forget a lot of people hate cats. I think people will continue to call it fish, and eat it all the same.

I usually don't like to eat fish, but Kittens, mmmmmmmm. I think I'm going to Red Lobster for some frozen-fresh Kittens tonight!!

You're making me hungry. I think I'll head over to Burger King and order up a greasy fried sea kitten sandwich.

FF_BK_big_fish_24309a.bmp

MeeeYow, baby.

Update: I drove to Burger King for lunch, but opted for the Whopper with cheese value meal instead of the sea kitten sammy. Not that I feared the sensless slaughter of a defensless, water-borne sea kitten, as posited by PETA, but because I craved the sensuous taste of a freshly broiled puppy cow.

It was good. Damn good.

Sea Kittens! Yes. I can't wait. Now the menu my favorite sushi restaurant will have pu,...

...,never mind.

OMFG!
lololololololol!
i lol'ed and the PETAkillsanimals.com is hilarious
Dude, did you read through the whole site? Other then the hypocrisy of those bastards, the whole group is just pathetic.

Edit: PETA being the pathetic ones.

So……..a dead fish lying in a dry streambed would actually be an extreme kitten. Yes?

I don't do much fast food, so, in honor of this occasion. I am going to pick up a box of frozen breaded sea kitten patties and tonight I'm gonna eat as many sea kitty sammies as I possibly can. AND, I will also pledge to do my part to rid the world of these vicious "sea kittens".:patriot:

Back