• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lubricating rear upper shock mounting bolts for removal?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
Ok,I am spraying lubricant on all the bolts that I need to remove on my cherokee to install a 3" lift kit. How do I spray the tops of the upper mounting bolts for the rear shocks? I tried spraying all around them,hoping some got to the top of the bolts,but I am not sure. thanks for any ideas,Ben

I had the same problem.i pulled back the carpet in the cargo area and had to cut hole above the shock mount to get to the top of them.add a little heat and they came out just fine.tack the patch back put some sealent on it and your done.

There is an access hole into the stock mounting area there, you just have to really look for it - put a straw on the end of your PB Blaster can and get at it through the hole.

Use an impact to remove them. I've never broken anything with an impact. But....that's not what you asked is it? Sorry.

YEah!!! they snap i had a 94 i went to put new shocks the thing and all 4 snapped off new tried to extract them but that did not happen so.. i know this is not what to do but it lasted the remaining 4 years of the jeep.. we welded the shocks in that puppy much better than some crappy bolts the almighty weld works wish i had pics but that jeep is long gone but she was in my family for 14 years.. oh yeah they were air shocks too leafs were shot and she had the suv sag really bad so i put those in to level her out.

RIP Ol' RED

Steve

Back