• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ACDelco Supplier Question Steering

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
Any one out there know if ACDelco remans their steering products in house or if they use another company like Cardone to reman them.. I know Cardone does napa and just about every other brand and offers a good product, but the ACDelco steering gear is availabile for a few bucks more and I would not mind paying it if its made by someoen other hten cardone thats good quality... as good as cardone is i have had bad luck with some of their parts i think of them as the best of the worst in remans...

anyways i know like the ACdelco branded durastop pads are Raybestos/BPI
and the filters are even going over to Champion labs

but any idea on the steering remans.. i mean it is after all a GM/Delphi/Delco gearbox so I would think they would do them in house but i know that now that delphi is broke off that they like to outsource

I thought same as you that an AC/Delco unit would be a better value.Went thru 3 pumps to get one that would bolt on(mounts were different)and the one that would bolt up had an undersized shaft that the drive pully would fall on and off of.The garage doing the work was not happy with this nor was I. Finally got one from CarQuest that would work,and was a little cheaper.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
I thought same as you that an AC/Delco unit would be a better value.Went thru 3 pumps to get one that would bolt on(mounts were different)and the one that would bolt up had an undersized shaft that the drive pully would fall on and off of.The garage doing the work was not happy with this nor was I. Finally got one from CarQuest that would work,and was a little cheaper.
Wayne
Other
than electrical products there just packagers.

Back