• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Coolant in Air Box

I can see two possibilities for this.
The radiator or hose is leaking and it's getting pulled into the airbox.
The head is cracked and it's venting steam/fluid into the CCV system.
You don't complain of a poorly running engine/overheating, so I'm going to say external cooling leak that just happens to end up on/in the airbox.

Look for leaks around the radiator hoses, overflow hose & also the water pump. Check your radiator cap as well. You can do a pressure test of the cooling system as well. Autozone might have the tool to borrow for this.

Good luck
Rob

Probably midgets. Possibly gnomes, depending on the climate. They weasel their way in, especially on earlier models. They tend to nest in the brake booster and crawl through the vacuum line to the air intake.

Ahhahahahaha I kid..

I don't think it's a radiator leak or hose leak, because there'd have to be alot of air being drawn into the box, and the air filter would probably soak most of it up anyway, since you said the coolant is on the motor side of the filter.

Good luck.

Back