• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek

Its been done before with that combo. Actually, A friend of mine did it last time on 3 inches and 31's, open/open with stock gears and no skids or sliders. Suffered NO damage at all. We were headed UP the creek, as opposed to down. He did have to use the skinny pedal alot.

Holcomb Creek is a great trail. I ran it a few times when my Jeep was lifted 3" with 31" tires, no lockers and stock gears. I did have rock rails and skids plates though. You just need to pick godd lines and have a decent spotter in the rock gardens.

I would ove to coem up as that is one of my favorite trails, but I got too much stuff going on.

There will be a group of us going up in the middle of Oct (21st) and running several trails - Deep Creek, John Bull, Holcomb... I hope to post the details up next week.

Ya'll have fun this weekend.

Ya holcombs fun, been up there like 4 times in the past few months.

If I was you I'd go ahead and start off running gold mountain, it will warm you up for holcomb. Gold mountain is difficult rated but its the closer to moderate and gold mountain kicks you off on the road to go to holcomb.

Deep creek is also a good one. Harder than holcomb eaiser than john bull. John bull is on the way to holcomb from gold mountain but unless you find holcomb too easy john bulls more fun then some newcomers are prepared for, alothough my friend on 31s no lockers, all he had were some ugly smittybuilt nerf bars that saved him from a dent or two.

Back